Kay's B/W

Kaywib

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kay Wiberg
Hello.

I thought I would take a month to only shoot in B/W. Just to challenge myself and enhance my B/W skills. I will also try to only use 1-2 apps to edited the image. Been using to many lately. It won't be one picture everyday, instead the best pics I can produce in a forward moving motion. No stress, but no slow fox either.

I gladly receive criticism on the pictures posted. My goal is to get better.

(I will refer to my Samsung S6 as "S6" .Not to be confused with IPhone 6S. [emoji3] [emoji12] )

bcf267d8f8f097e75e76dfd96c70b721.jpg

Mother and son, before bedtime.
S6/lightroom mobile/ can't remember the other app.

Hello.

I thought I would take a month to only shoot in B/W. Just to challenge myself and enhance my B/W skills. I will also try to only use 1-2 apps to edited the image. Been using to many lately. It won't be one picture everyday, instead the best pics I can produce in a forward moving motion. No stress, but no slow fox either.

(I will refer to my Samsung S6 as "S6" .Not to be confused with IPhone 6S. [emoji3] [emoji12] )

Such a sweet image!

ff4a21e6e3540728ec467465da439f44.jpg

Brothers.

Captured with My sister's iPhone 6 and edited in Snapseed on my S6. The picture is a bit small, but I like the pic to much to delete it.

My kids are having a sleepover at my sisters place.

(finally got the slightly better version of the pic. reposted the pic)

(there is a slight green tint on the pic that doesn't originate from Snapseed, it appeard after I uploaded the pic. Never seen it before.)

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1453818896.328473.jpg

The Plank.

I did à little experimenting with the app Waterlouge. Edited in Snapseed first. Photo is taken with my old I phone 6 plus. Then processed it in VSCO for abit, turned out better then I expected. All edited on my IPad Air 2.

Last edited:
Last upload before bed. Cant stop experimenting. Just bought Analog Film and Camera Noir. From my first impression I liked Analog film better. I was missing some tools in Camera noir that I like to have around. But it might just be that I am not used to the app yet.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1453838152.550784.jpg

Shot with my S6. Tinkered with in Snapseed and Analog Film on my IPad Air 2
I am starting to like the used and old film look. It might be obvious. I tried to aim for the really saturated BW picture here. The kind you get black ink on your hands if you touch the pic. [emoji1]

This is me and my son taking a stroll in the park.

Hello.

Great idea for a project! And your first image is wonderful....

ff4a21e6e3540728ec467465da439f44.jpg

Brothers.

Captured with My sister's iPhone 6 and edited in Snapseed on my S6. The picture is a bit small, but I like the pic to much to delete it.

My kids are having a sleepover at my sisters place.

(finally got the slightly better version of the pic. reposted the pic)

(there is a slight green tint on the pic that doesn't originate from Snapseed, it appeard after I uploaded the pic. Never seen it before.)
Awwwwww!!!! I don't know about any green tint, just uber cuteness!

Awwwwww!!!! I don't know about any green tint, just uber cuteness!
Thanx!! Glad you're not botherd by the tint. maybe I have watched the image to much and can't let go of the smallest anomaly's according to my eyes.[emoji12]

Thanx!! Glad you're not botherd by the tint. maybe I have watched the image to much and can't let go of the smallest anomaly's according to my eyes.[emoji12]
I do the same... plus, I've found that my images can look VERY different viewing them on my iMac at home vs. the PC at work vs. my iPhone. :confused:

I do the same... plus, I've found that my images can look VERY different viewing them on my iMac at home vs. the PC at work vs. my iPhone. :confused:
yes, I have come across that problem to. I have started to adjust my pics for mobile screens more and more. But it depends on where I will upload the pic.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1453986481.134797.jpg

Disgust.

Captured with my S6. Edited in Lightroom mobile/Snapseed/Polarr and Analog Film. Most of the work was done in Polarr. I find it weird sometime that apps that want to give you as much possibilitys as possible on a mobile divice doesn't have features like blurring. Blurring feels basic to me. Anybody else that has come across the same thing. Really like Polarr and Snapseed. They compliment each other very nicely.

Last edited:
View attachment 73082

Disgust.

Captured with my S6. Edited in Lightroom mobile/Snapseed/Polarr and Analog Film. Most of the work was done in Polarr. I find it weird sometime that apps that want to give you as much possibilitys as possible on a mobile divice doesn't have features like blurring. Blurring feels basic to me. Anybody else that has come across the same thing. Really like Polarr and Snapseed. They compliment each other very nicely.
Haha!!!!! What made him grimace so cutely?? :sneaky:

2ff9509dcb958959c9ae4a496b791ab5.jpg

The happy listener. (BW edition).

Captured on my S6. Edited on IPad Air 2 in polarr/lightroom mobile/Analog film/Snapseed.

Thought it worked better as a BW image.

Last edited:
Interesting how different it looks (to me anyway). The b/w very effectively concentrates attention on her face, which is what you want. And -- totally irrelevant -- she has really white teeth! One thing that the color version has -- her face seems brighter there in relation to the background.

Interesting how different it looks (to me anyway). The b/w very effectively concentrates attention on her face, which is what you want. And -- totally irrelevant -- she has really white teeth! One thing that the color version has -- her face seems brighter there in relation to the background.
You make good points. I found it hard to level her face brightness with the rest of the picture in the color one. in the color one her face is to red also. Tried to counter it. but it would turn her face very gray. so I wet with it. Perhaps the original image didn't have the right conditions to reflect my idea. Don't want to redo it right now. but maybe later.[emoji3]

Her theeth are very bright. at one point I thought I would tone it down. but found it did more good impact then harm.

Her theeth are very bright. at one point I thought I would tone it down. but found it did more good impact then harm
I think you're right about that. If I were going to try to lighten her face a bit in the b/w, I think I'd use an app like ACDSee that lets you use a brush to apply selective adjustments (exposure, brightness, whatever). Still tricky to get the balace right, as you said.

Back
Top Bottom