Kay's B/W

3 images I snapped when I was at my fiances horseback riding activity. While I waited for her there were some good photo opportunities. Since English isn't my mother toungh I have a question for all you that speak English every day. How shall I have structured the sentence with the horseback ringing earlier in the post. It feels a bit iffy.
Your English is WAY better than my <insert any other language on the planet here>. :notworthy:

Although the sentence is perfectly fine, it could also have been written this way: Here are 2 images I snapped while I was with my fiancee at her horseback riding class.

How shall I have structured the sentence with the horseback ringing earlier in the post. It feels a bit iffy.
Kay, you're wading into quicksand here :lmao: -- English is possibly one of the least orderly of languages and frequently has dozens of different ways to say the same thing. Very few native English speakers can tell you why they've chosen one over the others, although you'd probably get statistically significant (but not absolute) agreement on which are OK and which iffy.

If your fiance was taking a class, then I'd go with what RoseCat said, or maybe "horseback riding lessons." If your fiance was just out riding, not taking lessons, then something more like "3 images I snapped while my fiance was out horseback riding."

Thank you both!! and now I am abit wiser concerning the English language. Always found it hard to make a sentences with the word horseback riding. But not any more.

Back
Top Bottom