Keeping track of multiple apps and filters used on a photo

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone15
Does anyone have any "workflow" suggestions on tracking which camera and editing apps used on a particular photo if you use multiple apps to edit?

I use the Mac app EXIF viewer, but that doesn't show everything used and if multiple editing apps are used then all the info seems to disappear

(an example of something I have done is to shoot a photo in iPhone camera or hipstamatic; then use camera+ Clarify or additional filter, then use something else to add a texture or frame.)

By the time I am done or a day or so later I don't remember what I did unless I was disciplined enough to write it down or add some keywords in iPhoto, assuming I imported it into iPhoto. And often I just play around with different photos, never really intending to keep them, but later realize that they look pretty good but don't know what I did.

Would love to hear some easy solutions.

lkbside said:
Does anyone have any "workflow" suggestions on tracking which camera and editing apps used on a particular photo if you use multiple apps to edit?

I use the Mac app EXIF viewer, but that doesn't show everything used and if multiple editing apps are used then all the info seems to disappear

(an example of something I have done is to shoot a photo in iPhone camera or hipstamatic; then use camera+ Clarify or additional filter, then use something else to add a texture or frame.)

By the time I am done or a day or so later I don't remember what I did unless I was disciplined enough to write it down or add some keywords in iPhoto, assuming I imported it into iPhoto. And often I just play around with different photos, never really intending to keep them, but later realize that they look pretty good but don't know what I did.

That is a simple but with no answer question until moment
I've posed the same question on a different forum cause I've got the same prob, the answer was there is some privacy issues and Apple does not allow to have anything to follow your steps, then for now just write it or forget the steps as it happen to me, I keep going and going jumping and jumping until the final result, were I was most of the time I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

I have the stickies app that I have started using alot lately. I recommend it for other sticky note stuff too. When I am editing and for most of the apps you can leave the app, type what app filtering editing used, click done on stickies and go back to the app. You can also fill in the sticky after every edit when or before you go to another app

That makes me feel better. Thats what I do too. Im trying a little harder to keep track since I found Mobitog, cause people want to know. But I don't want it to slow my creative juices.

My older stuff i haven't a clue what all I did. I can remember some of the apps but not all and not sure of the process flow I followed. So for a few months I've been using Sticky notes app from iTunes to document what I do. Sometimes I take pictures of what I'm doing to remind of what I was in and what filtering I did.

My older stuff i haven't a clue what all I did. I can remember some of the apps but not all and not sure of the process flow I followed. So for a few months I've been using Sticky notes app from iTunes to document what I do. Sometimes I take pictures of what I'm doing to remind of what I was in and what filtering I did.
How do you take pics of what you are doing? Is there a way to take a screen shot?

klassklown0 said:
So for a few months I've been using Sticky notes app from iTunes to document what I do.

Do you use the FREE or paid version Nancy... ;)

:D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

If you have an iPhone 4 or 4s, and you press the home button twice, the screen will open up at the bottom and you can see which apps are running in the background.

Sometimes when I start working on a photo I first clear out all the apps down there by pressing down on one until they all start to jiggle, then tap the x and remove them (this doesn't delete them from your phone, just deletes them from running in the background).

Then when I'm done working on a photo I press the home button twice and I can see all the apps I used. They'll stay there until you delete them so even if days go by you can access this information. This doesn't solve the problem of what exactly I did WITHIN those apps, but it helps.

:)

"Then when I'm done working on a photo I press the home button twice and I can see all the apps I used. They'll stay there until you delete them so even if days go by you can access this information. This doesn't solve the problem of what exactly I did WITHIN those apps, but it helps."

Good idea! Of course that doesn't tell you what filter you used or what you did with the app, but a good reminder for taking notes.

I have downloaded a bunch of note taking apps on my iPad and iPhone, although I mainly use Evernote. I see that you can copy and paste the photo you are working on into the note which is helpful. You can assign all the notes to their own notebook, add tags etc.

If you have an iPhone 4 or 4s, and you press the home button twice, the screen will open up at the bottom and you can see which apps are running in the background.

Sometimes when I start working on a photo I first clear out all the apps down there by pressing down on one until they all start to jiggle, then tap the x and remove them (this doesn't delete them from your phone, just deletes them from running in the background).

Then when I'm done working on a photo I press the home button twice and I can see all the apps I used. They'll stay there until you delete them so even if days go by you can access this information. This doesn't solve the problem of what exactly I did WITHIN those apps, but it helps.

Now that is a brilliant idea!

I'm with Catherine here, it's a useful thing to have, the double-tap to see what apps you've been through.

Just saw a price drop to free on the FilmTracks app. It is designed for tracking film rolls for traditional photographers but it looks like it could be useful for tracking edits, filters used etc. It may not be more efficient than taking notes but you can move the photo in from your camera roll and take notes on what camera, lens etc. you used by making an individual photo equivalent to a roll.

Back
Top Bottom