Layers of Abstraction #2

Robert Lancaster

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Robert Lancaster
This is the start of a new Layers of Abstraction series. It started out as an experiment in taking mundane images and failed images and putting them together in wonderful ways. Whenever I am on a break at work, or at home (if there can ever be such a thing with two children in the house), I have been playing around with what I will be sharing with you here.

The original images were so shockingly tragic that I am too embarassed to show them here :D ... so you will just have to take my word on that.

Unfortunately I have not been keeping track of what apps were used to create which image but I can tell you which apps I have used ... thus far ...

Pictures used were taken with: Camera+, LoMob, WoodCamera, 6x6

Apps used: PerfectlyClear, TinyPlanets, Percolator, Popsicolor, AutoAdjust, PhotoArtista-Haiku, PhotoArtista-Sketch, ImageBlender, FilterStorm, Jazz, ShockMyPic, PhotoshopExpress, TrueHDR, Segmentix, AutoPainter ... and of course Diptic!

There are still so many apps to use ... so be prepared.

Here are the original base images I have used as a starting point on this journey. I hope you enjoy it.

IMG_2755.JPG
IMG_2758.JPG
IMG_2754.JPG

Still not quite there yet ... so with some more blending and Popsicolor'ing we arrive here ... (some PhotoArtistsa and AutoPainter just for good measure) ...
IMG_2776.JPG
IMG_2781.JPG
IMG_2782.JPG
IMG_2784.JPG

After all of that a little bit more of the JixiPix'ing magic and some Diptic'ing of the results and these are the results.
I feel like I am n the right path here ...

IMG_2786.JPG
IMG_2788.JPG
IMG_2794.JPG
IMG_2795.JPG

Used Watercolor, Impressionist, TinyPlanets, ImageBlender, HDR FX, PhotoToaster, PhotoStudio, Photogene2, PhotoWizard, Noir, Dramatic B&W, MagicHour, Mouki Hanga, Tiffen Photo fx, PhotoCopier, BlurFX, PintFx, PhotoCool, PhotoPower, PhotoSplashX, Stained, Grungetastic, Phonto and Textify.it to create this next batch of abstracts. All still descendant from the originall images.

Robert Lancaster said:
Still not quite there yet ... so with some more blending and Popsicolor'ing we arrive here ... (some PhotoArtistsa and AutoPainter just for good measure) ...

Love these abstracts...especially the second one!!

I'm frustrated right now because my iPhone is acting up and things are just spinning and taking forever to load, and I went to our site on Safari on my iPhone and that's doing the same thing and I can't view all the fab photos!

:angry:

So hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to see them all and comment... Ggggrrrr....

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

RoseCat said:
I'm frustrated right now because my iPhone is acting up and things are just spinning and taking forever to load, and I went to our site on Safari on my iPhone and that's doing the same thing and I can't view all the fab photos!

:angry:

So hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to see them all and comment... Ggggrrrr....

Hi Cat,
have you tried cold resetting your phone and checking the memory usage?
I also have that problem sometimes ..., but here it is because of our third world Internet bandwidth :)
I have a 384k ADSL line at home :(
Good luck with the phone.
I hope to hear your comments soon.

I have become a huge fan of EffectsCam. I used EffectsCam to create an image. Ran this image through Noir. HDR'ified these two images using TrueHDR and then experimented with various effects app. I then took a few pictures with Lomora2 and blended them with ImageBlender. Experimented with blending and lighting using DynamicLight, LensFlare ( Thanks RoseCat :) ), LensLight and then Diptic'ed some of the results.
Here are the images ... well some of them ... produced while travelling along this new path.
The very "white" image was the one I produced in EffectsCam and is included for completeness. It was so bright that I felt that merging it with a Noir'ed version would be awesome.
I was right!

IMG_2847.JPG
IMG_2851.JPG
IMG_2852.JPG
IMG_2853.JPG
IMG_2867.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG

Thanks Lisa :D

I am really enjoying this series and am learning a lot about the apps I have installed.
It has even helped me purge some apps (shock and horror) that were not that good.
I am always trying to streamline my workflow and the apps I use.

Robert Lancaster said:
After all of that a little bit more of the JixiPix'ing magic and some Diptic'ing of the results and these are the results.
I feel like I am n the right path here ...

Wow, these are cool!!

Robert Lancaster said:
Some really cool effects you're getting here! Great work!

Robert Lancaster said:
Batch #3 - some experimentation with lettering
Just love the second grey toned piece...

Robert Lancaster said:
Here are the images ... well some of them ... produced while travelling along this new path.
The very "white" image was the one I produced in EffectsCam and is included for completeness. It was so bright that I felt that merging it with a Noir'ed version would be awesome.
I was right!
These are all definitely my favorites!!! I actually really love the white one! The first 3 here (white to gray to black) are my faves - I think they look great on their own and might be really cool in a triptych...

And the last one using Diptic? FAB!!! All those I love on their own as well. The layering with the numbers and lines is fantastic... The solarized one is way cool!

Wonderful work Robert!! :D :thumbs:

Some really cool effects you're getting here! Great work!

Just love the second grey toned piece...

These are all definitely my favorites!!! I actually really love the white one! The first 3 here (white to gray to black) are my faves - I think they look great on their own and might be really cool in a triptych...

And the last one using Diptic? FAB!!! All those I love on their own as well. The layering with the numbers and lines is fantastic... The solarized one is way cool!

Wonderful work Robert!! :D :thumbs:

Wow thanks for all the wonderful comments on this series RoseCat :notworthy:

This series has been a real joy and is still ongoing.
There will definitely be more posts in the near future (a.k.a. later today).
It is a learning experience for me to see what I like and what I can produce.
The latest series is also my favourite and I am can see I am starting to get the image where I want it to be.
My layering and merging skills are getting better as is my ability to find the correct positioning of the new elements I am adding.
I have so many variations of this image on my iPhone it starting to become scary. :)

Thank you again for the comments, assistance, guidance, mentorship and above all your support, I really do appreciate it!

PS: In the lettering example did you notice that the embedded letters spell "ABSTRACT" :D

Robert Lancaster said:
Thanks Lisa :D

I am really enjoying this series and am learning a lot about the apps I have installed.
It has even helped me purge some apps (shock and horror) that were not that good.
I am always trying to streamline my workflow and the apps I use.

Fabulous!!

Robert Lancaster said:
I have become a huge fan of EffectsCam. I used EffectsCam to create an image. Ran this image through Noir. HDR'ified these two images using TrueHDR and then experimented with various effects app. I then took a few pictures with Lomora2 and blended them with ImageBlender. Experimented with blending and lighting using DynamicLight, LensFlare ( Thanks RoseCat :) ), LensLight and then Diptic'ed some of the results.
I was right!

Wow! Great appstracts! I really like 1-3 and 6!

Back
Top Bottom