• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

Less is more? Or not.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thanks to @zenjenny’s theme for MobiColor last week, I was inspired to create a couple collages. As it happens sometimes, one of the collages was bugging me the past few days. I had edited it after posting, adding the x’s, trying to find a way to make sense of the line separating the two sides, hoping it kind of looked like “stitches”....

But as the days went on I started to hate the left side where I had placed the words... it still felt too “divided”.

F57FC090-0752-4E5B-AB48-78D17ADD1D3E.jpeg

It was slow at work today so I messed around with it some more.... it feels more balanced to me... but then I wonder if it’s too cluttered? :confused:

3FADF6C3-6AC7-4C47-8EA7-DDC4BA7E8F8B.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Thanks to @zenjenny’s theme for MobiColor last week, I was inspired to create a couple collages. As it happens sometimes, one of the collages was bugging me the past few days. I had edited it after posting, adding the x’s, trying to find a way to make sense of the line separating the two sides, hoping it kind of looked like “stitches”....

But as the days went on I started to hate the left side where I had placed the words... it still felt too “divided”.

View attachment 106486

It was slow at work today so I messed around with it some more.... it feels more balanced to me... but then I wonder if it’s too cluttered? :confused:

View attachment 106487
I loved the first one. It reminded me of a beautiful greetings card when I first saw it. I love what you’ve done with it (not cluttered imho), but that “hole” on the left centre draws the eye. Now if you could put something ethereal in there looking out ... :thumbs:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 106486

View attachment 106487
I love the first version! The symmetry and balance speaks to me.

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I really like both, but the first is my favorite...maybe a torn edge on the left side piece would make it feel more integrated to you. I use RipPix, it’s a few steps to the finished piece and I always take it into ProCreate to erase outand bring back...but I’m usually happy with the end result. Still, the first one really is fine as it is...maybe grunge the far left edge to bring a slightly different balance to it?

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I really like both, but the first is my favorite...maybe a torn edge on the left side piece would make it feel more integrated to you. I use RipPix, it’s a few steps to the finished piece and I always take it into ProCreate to erase outand bring back...but I’m usually happy with the end result. Still, the first one really is fine as it is...maybe grunge the far left edge to bring a slightly different balance to it?
That's a great idea Ryn... it seems to "clean" to me... Thank you! :thumbs:

And the more I look at the second one, I'm hating that one now (maybe it's subliminal because everyone else prefers the first one?) :lol: :coffee: :zip: :alien:

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ve been thinking and I think you could widen the dark gap area and put another image under there like if you had both top pieces laying on a photo or newspaper or something and you just get a peek at it (dark because it’s out of the light, but still visible) and that would add a lot of mystery, a little drama and...it could be a lot of fun finding the right image to have peeking through. Just another thought that hit me

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I love the first two which could be used for different purposes. Would you mind listing the apps you used? Great job.
Thanks Mel! I used Image Blender for all the layering, Snapseed, Pixlr, Repix, and Phonto for the words.

justntym

MobiStar

View attachment 106486

View attachment 106487
I love this without the border in the left side. You need to figure out a way to turn this design into stationary, wrapping paper or postcards. Love it!