Light Play - Night Cap

Aaron Davis

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Last night I went on a cruise around Cairns's foreshore. This provided a great opportunity to play with the App NightCap. What I wanted to do is exploit the apps 1sec exposure capability and create some light painting using the cities lights.
Here are some examples of different patterns I made by hitting the shutter release whilst moving the iPhone. The last example is of all three combined in DXP using the Difference setting.

image-1614740111.jpg

image-187506756.jpg

image-3389991198.jpg

image-1863512040.jpg

WOW!!! Really cool Aaron! I like them all, but the last one is outstanding. :inlove:

Aaron Davis said:
Last night I went on a cruise around Cairns's foreshore. This provided a great opportunity to play with the App NightCap. What I wanted to do is exploit the apps 1sec exposure capability and create some light painting using the cities lights.
Here are some examples of different patterns I made by hitting the shutter release whilst moving the iPhone. The last example is of all three combined in DXP using the Difference setting.

Love these Aaron! Great work!

Aaron Davis said:
Here's a quick one I just put together.'

Cool!

I think these can stand alone as fab abstracts, or mix really well with other photos.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Aaron Davis said:
The Moscow circus is in town, I would've taken my son but he has a hard time sitting in one place for to long. So I decided to bring the circus to him, with a fire twirling show. He was very impressed.

These are so cool!!!!

Whoa...these are just great!! I really love the 4th one, and this last remix too. You've totally created a really unique style Aaron!

Really cool idea, Aaron. Must admit my instinctive reaction with apps like Night Cap is to lock them down hard so that nothing moves the iPhone. This frees them up to create amazing light patterns.

richardcb said:
Really cool idea, Aaron. Must admit my instinctive reaction with apps like Night Cap is to lock them down hard so that nothing moves the iPhone. This frees them up to create amazing light patterns.

Thanks Richard, it was Chris's talk of the 1 second shutter speed in NightCap that got me excited and his explanation of why Slow Shutter wasn't real slow shutter. For this series I've both locked the camera down and moved it around to create the light blur effects.

RoseCat said:
Whoa...these are just great!! I really love the 4th one, and this last remix too. You've totally created a really unique style Aaron!

These pics show something that wasn't possible before NightCap 1sec shutter was created, I'll have to try different light sources for the light painting.

Aaron Davis said:

They make wonderful abstracts...love!

Back
Top Bottom