• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Manual focus

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ve been looking for an app that features manual focus. I have Manual, but there must be others. Does anyone have an app they prefer? I thought Camera+ had one, but I can’t find it, if it does.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I’ve been looking for an app that features manual focus. I have Manual, but there must be others. Does anyone have an app they prefer? I thought Camera+ had one, but I can’t find it, if it does.
Camera+ does have manual focus. The easiest way to get to it is to go into the Camera+ settings to Advanced Controls and turn on Always Show. Then the manual focus toggle will show as a round-cornered square in a tool bar above the shutter button. When you tap it, the button is highlighted in yellow, and you can move the dial left or right to focus. The box-like icon at the right edge of the dial turns on focus peaking, which highlights the in-focus areas in green.

ProCamera also has manual focus, although again you have to turn it on in the settings. It also has focus peaking and "focus zoom" (which enlarges an area of the screen to make it easier to get precise focus).

Chromatica has manual focus and focus peaking. CameraPixels, from the same developer, has manual focus and focus zoom, but not focus peaking.

The Moment cam app has manual focus and focus peaking.

There are more -- those are just the ones I have on my phone at the moment.

I like having the option of both focus peaking and focus zoom.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Camera+ does have manual focus. The easiest way to get to it is to go into the Camera+ settings to Advanced Controls and turn on Always Show. Then the manual focus toggle will show as a round-cornered square in a tool bar above the shutter button. When you tap it, the button is highlighted in yellow, and you can move the dial left or right to focus. The box-like icon at the right edge of the dial turns on focus peaking, which highlights the in-focus areas in green.

ProCamera also has manual focus, although again you have to turn it on in the settings. It also has focus peaking and "focus zoom" (which enlarges an area of the screen to make it easier to get precise focus).

Chromatica has manual focus and focus peaking. CameraPixels, from the same developer, has manual focus and focus zoom, but not focus peaking.

The Moment cam app has manual focus and focus peaking.

There are more -- those are just the ones I have on my phone at the moment.

I like having the option of both focus peaking and focus zoom.
Oops...

Halide has manual focus and focus peaking.

ProCam has manual focus, focus peaking, and focus zoom.
Prime has manual focus and focus peaking. I think it also has the zoom but can’t remember how to do it.
And Lightroom camera has manual focus and focus peaking in HDR and Pro modes.
I’m not sure how I missed all this. I go through New Posts nearly every day. Camera+ was the first place I looked because it’s my go to. I also have and tried to find it with Moment, Pro Camera, Halide and Lightroom. I must have not looked in the right place. Thanks everyone! And Thanks terse for the how to. I will try ASAP.