MobiColour MC #229 Theme: NO THEME - August 31 - September 13, 2020

Hm's this week go to RoseCat for no trespassing, deepop for all his florals, terse for Teahouse of the COVID moon, NickLeon for Autumn is coming and ImageArt for Reflection of the train and city in the glass building.

3rd place this week goes to terse for A second look at Capitola-by-the-Sea (lovely flow to this) and even more so, At the sign of the fish head, abstract and surreal and a balanced reduced palette.

In second place is deepop with Profusion. Just beautiful and as sinnerjohn says, summer in a picture. Vibrant, bright, warm and like terse's fish head, just 3 colours in it more or less. Nearly won this week.

Nearly won but pipped to the post by sinnerjohn who, despite sometimes thinking he may have taken all the good pictures he's ever going to take and despite trying not to edit too much these days has won with an excellent group of diverse pics with some very interesting edits on some of them.
I'm unsure of my fav. Roots gets me for the textures, composition and treatment almost making it look like it's drawn or etched or something.
Throwback thursday is again, nicely composed and well edited too, a solid pic.
Our winning picture this week is Dogs.
View attachment 160526
Oddly this is not my fav of John's submissions but I think there's so much to like in it and lots of good stuff all over the place that it's more objectively gooder (betterer?) than the others.
There's strong, formal geometric shapes throughout with intersecting whatsits both in the archetecture and hard landscaping and also in the hard lighting and shadows. Even the line of the paving next to the building lines up with the edge of the paving slab the top dog is standing on.
The detail is lovely and the complexity of the building balances out the relative simplicity of the foreground.
And then we have the dogs and the hedge which soften the whole thing off with naturalistic lines and curves. The progression of the dogs from bottom to top leads the eye back and forth with the top dog looking out the frame, almost leading your eye out with it, and then is the dog at the bottom having a poo? It all adds a touch of playfulness to a very formal setting.
Nice pic, well done sinnerjohn.
Thank you, Riz. :notworthy:

Well done, sinnerjohn John!!! :D Congrats, indeed! I too am really drawn to this image. I kind of love the sort of monotone of the building and walkway/steps, with the blue/grey dogs and the wee bit of sky that mimics the color. Now that Rizole has mentioned it, I can't not see the bottom dog pooping. :lol:

High fives to all the placers and HM'ers - I'm happy to be among them! :D

Another of my Overcam images taken on the train from Waterloo to London Bridge. The ‘frill’ at the top must have been something at the top of the window pane. It was actually black but I replaced it with the blue to make it less harsh. Probably should have just cropped it.

View attachment 160513
Nominated Sept IOTM

Back
Top Bottom