MobiColour : MC#244 Theme Architecture/Bald Heads

Drat! Not a bald head in sight this morning...
593E53B3-17DB-451B-AEFF-2A1DFBA038B1.jpeg

iPhone 11pro.

I find myself in a strange place today...........I was blown away by one particular shot, problem was the image was by the very person that gave me first in #243 of but of course its not really a problem, as in my eyes its the best image of the bunch.

So lots of fantastic architecture (and some bald heads, thanks for playing along) the secondary theme makes it imho a bit more interesting, esp if you have nothing much for the main theme.
I very much liked Ted's 'Seaside Cottage' what a fabulous structure.
I may have given Juliana the win, Lisbon 2012, if she had managed to keep the camera steady and it had actually been in colour ;) but I still think peephole is a brilliant shot Juliana. Great work from Kevin as always and that weirdly flat house from Rizole hit the spot too.

Best Bald Heads award goes to JillyG for her outstanding work with erm dummies, I'll say no more :whistle:

So to best overall image and winner of MCC 244 we have lkbside Leslie,
1618777027773.png

What a great structure, and the sky and the tones, brilliant :notworthy: It could be man's first base on Mars and I'm a sucker for sci-fi. Well done Leslie.

Whatever theme you choose Leslie, just don't pick me as winner, people will begin to start rumours :lol:

97A458AD-55D3-45AC-AE48-FEC03E06F119.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I find myself in a strange place today...........I was blown away by one particular shot, problem was the image was by the very person that gave me first in #243 of but of course its not really a problem, as in my eyes its the best image of the bunch.

So lots of fantastic architecture (and some bald heads, thanks for playing along) the secondary theme makes it imho a bit more interesting, esp if you have nothing much for the main theme.
I may have given Juliana the win, Lisbon 2012, if she had managed to keep the camera steady and it had actually been in colour ;) but I still think peephole is a brilliant shot Juliana. Great work from Kevin as always and that weirdly flat house from Rizole hit the spot too.

Best Bald Heads award goes to JillyG for her outstanding work with erm dummies, I'll say no more :whistle:

View attachment 166398
What a great structure, and the sky and the tones, brilliant :notworthy: It could be man's first base on Mars and I'm a sucker for sci-fi. Well done Leslie.

Whatever theme you choose Leslie, just don't pick me as winner, people will begin to start rumours :lol:
Aww, thanks! I saw an IG notification go by and I thought, wait? Me? Are we trading roles? Is he stalking me? Just kidding. I really appreciate the nod.

This theater is in a dazzling location - on a flat plain with killer mountain views in the background. It’s literally in the middle of nowhere in south central New Mexico, about 10 miles from the mountain town of Ruidoso, probably the last place you would expect somebody to sink $22 million dollars into a world class performing arts theater. But Jackie Everts Bancroft Spencer Morgan married a rancher from nearby Capitan, NM who was an heir to a NY publishing fortune (think Dow Jones and Company) and when he died in 1953 she was suddenly among the 1% of the 1%. But Jackie was private and unassuming. She remained in New Mexico, marrying a family doctor in nearby Carrizozo and gave back to the area big time!

Due to COVID the theater has been closed to events and tours, but we peeked into those dramatic glass windows to see several of the Chihuly glass sculptures. Have to go back someday.
thanks again John

Last edited:

View attachment 166398

View attachment 166403
Wonderful photo of a spectacular building, Leslie. Well deserved. :thumbs:

View attachment 166398

View attachment 166403
An absolutely awesome image and building lkbside Leslie - a cross between an ancient pyramid and Moonbase Alpha.:notworthy: Thank you for my mention John - nobody does dummies like I do!!:lmao: Fantastic images from everyone, as usual.

Aww, thanks! I saw an IG notification go by and I thought, wait? Me? Are we trading roles? Is he stalking me? Just kidding. I really appreciate the nod.

This theater is in a dazzling location - on a flat plain with killer mountain views in the background. It’s literally in the middle of nowhere in south central New Mexico, about 10 miles from the mountain town of Ruidoso, probably the last place you would expect somebody to sink $22 million dollars into a world class performing arts theater. But Jackie Everts Bancroft Spencer Morgan married a rancher from nearby Capitan, NM who was an heir to a NY publishing fortune (think Dow Jones and Company) and when he died in 1953 she was suddenly among the 1% of the 1%. But Jackie was private and unassuming. She remained in New Mexico, marrying a family doctor in nearby Carrizozo and gave back to the area big time!

Due to COVID the theater has been closed to events and tours, but we peeked into those dramatic glass windows to see several of the Chihuly glass sculptures. Have to go back someday.
thanks again John
Amazing story! Congrats on your win. :)

Back
Top Bottom