MobiColour MC#258 October 26-13? Theme:Seasonal Shadows

I think it needs to be judged tomorrow to keep it alternating with the B/W challenge.
I'm personally not enjoying the new'ish two week challenges. I totally get why they ended up being extended, Corona Virus, lack of posters etc.
But now I feel there is no incentive to post till the second week, whereas before there was more of a sense of urgency about getting your images in within that week. Which has a knock on effect on how many times you visit MobiTog.

Maybe its just me, wondered if anyone else felt the same?

I'm personally not enjoying the new'ish two week challenges. I totally get why they ended up being extended, Corona Virus, lack of posters etc.
But now I feel there is no incentive to post till the second week, whereas before there was more of a sense of urgency about getting your images in within that week. Which has a knock on effect on how many times you visit MobiTog.

I can't say it inhibits my posting (as you all have seen :lmao: ), but I'd like to go back to one week challenges, even if it means we end up with only a page or two sometimes.

HM's to lkbside for her icecream sandwitch superior Hipsta wall. deepop's worms eye view. WOTANICUS' study space and sinnerjohn's Hardwick Hall. Sorry I couldn't arrange for better weather for you John. I had a quiet word with the Met Office, even offered them a small gratuity and they told me to sling my hook. Also liked Starzee's Green Growing in the Middle Pipe.

In 2nd is terse with Cat walk and Oak grove. Lovely seasonal feel and pictures.

Our winner this week is deepop who produced a seies of on theme shots this week. My favorite is.
View attachment 173074
Run up to Christmas.
Colourful, fun and brings a smile to my face. Played the stick a small child in it winning card :)
That’s such a great shot - it makes me smile. Well done deepop David.:thumbs:

I like longer challenge times. Gives one more of an opportunity to submit something; More substance to choose from when the judge does the judging; Less weekly work for the people running the challenge.

HM's to lkbside for her icecream sandwitch superior Hipsta wall. deepop's worms eye view. WOTANICUS' study space and sinnerjohn's Hardwick Hall. Sorry I couldn't arrange for better weather for you John. I had a quiet word with the Met Office, even offered them a small gratuity and they told me to sling my hook. Also liked Starzee's Green Growing in the Middle Pipe.

In 2nd is terse with Cat walk and Oak grove. Lovely seasonal feel and pictures.

Our winner this week is deepop who produced a seies of on theme shots this week. My favorite is.
View attachment 173074
Run up to Christmas.
Colourful, fun and brings a smile to my face. Played the stick a small child in it winning card :)
Congratulations to deepop for a worthy win and to all the HM’s

I like longer challenge times. Gives one more of an opportunity to submit something; More substance to choose from when the judge does the judging; Less weekly work for the people running the challenge.
No surprise you would take the opposite opinion to me Catherine. Not sure how you define 'work' but looking at a few excellent mobile images is not my idea of work, esp over the period of a week.
But you are definitely entitled to your opinion as are all of us, I was just seeing how others felt about two week challenges.

I prefer a weekly cycle myself but think theres still a lower limit on the amount of subs to make it worth closing or carrying on another week. While I think there's an overall growth in group output I'm not sure we're at or near pre covid levels or will be for a while.

I prefer a weekly cycle myself but think theres still a lower limit on the amount of subs to make it worth closing or carrying on another week. While I think there's an overall growth in group output I'm not sure we're at or near pre covid levels or will be for a while.
Question, why does Covid stop people from posting images? I don't mean if you actually have Covid.

Question, why does Covid stop people from posting images? I don't mean if you actually have Covid.
It doesn't stop me posting, it stops me taking. I'm still wfh where I can. So that's 2 1/2 hours a day of commute and breaks alone where I might have nothing better to do than snap or edit. Let alone ending up in novel and interesting situations and places less often.
I have to put on a shirt and go in this Thursday to deliver a report to the senior leadership team in the board room. I'm quite looking forward to the change.

It doesn't stop me posting, it stops me taking. I'm still wfh where I can. So that's 2 1/2 hours a day of commute and breaks alone where I might have nothing better to do than snap or edit. Let alone ending up in novel and interesting situations and places less often.
I have to put on a shirt and go in this Thursday to deliver a report to the senior leadership team in the board room. I'm quite looking forward to the change.
I go to the office two days a week now. More opportunities to snap. Unfortunately I think Covid seems to be an excuse for the lack of traffic on Mobitog, the 365'ers manage a photo everyday. Ok they are not all masterpieces but its doable.

Not sure it would, unless you actually had covid. :confused: Well, also people haven’t been leaving their homes much.
I go to the office two days a week now. More opportunities to snap. Unfortunately I think Covid seems to be an excuse for the lack of traffic on Mobitog, the 365'ers manage a photo everyday. Ok they are not all masterpieces but its doable.
You’re lucky! I work at home 2-3 days a week too but that doesn’t give me any more time to shoot as I’m still working all day, just sitting in a different environment. I sleep in a bit more, since I don’t have a morning commute. I could shoot photos of my porch I suppose, or my garden.

Unfortunately I think Covid seems to be an excuse for the lack of traffic on Mobitog, the 365'ers manage a photo everyday.
I’m not sure why you think people are making “excuses”, as if they’re fibbing and should really be here more. :confused: I think people are here as much or as little as suits their lifestyle, or depending on what happens to be going on in their life at any given moment. I’m grateful for any time - as little or as much - as peeps can hang out here. :)

Fabulous! Then maybe you’ll consider running a few more challenges? :D
I've resurrected the Album Colour Challenge (although its a bit of a flop) I organise the IOTM which is more popular. I'm always open to suggestions, to me its not work and I usually visit Mobitog several times a day. Maybe I'm just sad and have nothing better to do? But its definitely not work, I know what work is and its not this :lol:

The challenges (for me anyway) keep this place ticking, otherwise it would just be just the 365ers posting.

I’ve had a year when I’ve been out of it due to other commitments but now it’s over, I’m finding it difficult to get excited, maybe because I hate winter.

I think I prefer the shorter challenges because if I don’t particularly gel with a theme, I don’t have to wait two weeks for the next. However, I’m posting so little I don’t think my input is too relevant.

I think I prefer the shorter challenges because if I don’t particularly gel with a theme, I don’t have to wait two weeks for the next. However, I’m posting so little I don’t think my input is too relevant.
It’s totally relevant! Always good to hear different perspectives/preferences.

Back
Top Bottom