• MobiTog 365 & 52 - ROLL UP, ROLL UP - MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2022 is now OPEN for Volunteers! > Remember - YOU CAN SIGN-UP any time that suits you to start - it does not HAVE to be at year beginning/end... :) < GoGoGo CLICK HERE JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • Your MobiStaff & MobiAdmin wish all our MobiMembers everywhere A HAPPY, HEALTHY & SUCCESSFUL PHOTOGRAPHY FILLED 2022!... x x
  • > PLEASE STAY VIRUS & OMICRON SAFE! MobiMembers - Beware Covid Omicron! PLEASE continue to stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Be kind to others. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all your MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT MC 259 Shenanigans

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Encroachment
682913AD-02BB-4422-90BD-772CCEA308F2.jpeg

FotoDa

rizole

Debt paid. Mischief managed.
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
The admin has gotten realy lax round here. I think a programme of calisthenics, smelling salts and slap in the face with a wet cod should bring her round.
Judging starts tomorrow after coffee. You have 9/10 hours to submit anything you have.

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
The admin has gotten realy lax round here. I think a programme of calisthenics, smelling salts and slap in the face with a wet cod should bring her round.
Judging starts tomorrow after coffee. You have 9/10 hours to submit anything you have.
Not the wet cod! :eek:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
“December 7ish” it says, and if I’m not mistaken that’s precisely the date now. Correct to three decimal places, I think you’ll find. And it’s not even Sunday. So there.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
*Notes Sam’s post time-stamped 14 hours and four minutes ago*

*Says nothing*

rizole

Debt paid. Mischief managed.
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Not sure I picked a good theme this week, some notable submitters missing. I alway try and come up with something interesting or creative or whatever but not sure I hit the mark very often. Well done to those that stepped up.

HM's to deepop for growth ring, Starzee for your series of textural shots and terse for your varied input, I particularly liked your sawtooth agave and panosabos.

In 3rd this week is Starzee with Note to self. I like the simplcity, the rough and ready nature of the picture and the blunt message.

In second place is dscheff with In a Magical Place. It's just a lovely picture but was posted before a theme was picked and doesn't follow it. As the theme is subversion, etc, I'm placing it on the strength of it not following the theme rules, so well done there dscheff.

In f1rst place this week is zenjenny with Art Theft.
72E60ACB-352F-4B8C-AA6E-FE3B303E47B8.jpeg

What can I say, an archetypal masterpeice of the Italian Renaissance (it says on wikipedia) cleverly subverted with a punk, in your face aesthetic. Reminiscent of the pythonesque/Gilliam style animations and it has a fag in it. Nice work. I shall put the wet cod away in recognition of your major contibution to the world of art. :notworthy:

dscheff

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Thank you! Totally unexpected and very well appreciated in a subversive kinda way ;) Well earned congratulations to Zenjenny and Starzee for wonderful pieces: in fact congratulations and felicitations all around. :thumbs: :inlove:

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Not sure I picked a good theme this week, some notable submitters missing. I alway try and come up with something interesting or creative or whatever but not sure I hit the mark very often. Well done to those that stepped up.

HM's to deepop for growth ring, Starzee for your series of textural shots and terse for your varied input, I particularly liked your sawtooth agave and panosabos.

In 3rd this week is Starzee with Note to self. I like the simplcity, the rough and ready nature of the picture and the blunt message.

In second place is dscheff with In a Magical Place. It's just a lovely picture but was posted before a theme was picked and doesn't follow it. As the theme is subversion, etc, I'm placing it on the strength of it not following the theme rules, so well done there dscheff.

View attachment 173954

What can I say, an archetypal masterpeice of the Italian Renaissance (it says on wikipedia) cleverly subverted with a punk, in your face aesthetic. Reminiscent of the pythonesque/Gilliam style animations and it has a fag in it. Nice work. I shall put the wet cod away in recognition of your major contibution to the world of art. :notworthy:
Well done zenjenny Jen - that’s a subversive image if ever I saw one.:lol: She looks like quite a girl!

Last edited:

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Well done Jen, and congrats to Jeffrey, Star, and the rest of us, too.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Thank you, rizole - I am moved

And I would just like to say
to all my fellow struggling artists
in the basements and the garages and the garrets:
‘Follow your dreams’
’you are all special little snowflakes’
and
‘it takes 75 muscles to frown and only two to smile’

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Also: #260 is here: the theme is seasonal: Fa la la; Ho ho ho; or Bah Humbug

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Not sure I picked a good theme this week, some notable submitters missing.
I for one was m.i.a. I think challenging themes are always a risk, sometimes they work sometimes not, but always interesting.

Me personally I really don't do conceptual / abstract photography very well, unless its accidental. If you ask me for a photo of a lamppost I'll give you a lamppost, but ask me to photograph the concept of a feeling or idea, then I'm lost. I guess my brain works on literal stuff better.

Kudos to the ones that entered this round. I actually always feel guilty for not entering a weekly (or ahem two/three weekly) challenge, as I think they are the lifeblood of this place.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Wow. Thanks for the third! Congrats to Jen and everyone! (Though I was looking forward to the cod.)

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I alway try and come up with something interesting or creative or whatever but not sure I hit the mark very often. Well done to those that stepped up.
I love that about you, and thought this was a cool theme! Kudos to those who got creative this week. ❤️

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 173954

Brava zenjenny Jen!! I just love this. :hearteyes:
Congrats to dscheff Jeffrey, Starzee Star and the HMs!