MobiColour MC 259 Shenanigans

Encroachment
682913AD-02BB-4422-90BD-772CCEA308F2.jpeg

FotoDa

The admin has gotten realy lax round here. I think a programme of calisthenics, smelling salts and slap in the face with a wet cod should bring her round.
Judging starts tomorrow after coffee. You have 9/10 hours to submit anything you have.
“December 7ish” it says, and if I’m not mistaken that’s precisely the date now. Correct to three decimal places, I think you’ll find. And it’s not even Sunday. So there.

Not sure I picked a good theme this week, some notable submitters missing. I alway try and come up with something interesting or creative or whatever but not sure I hit the mark very often. Well done to those that stepped up.

HM's to deepop for growth ring, Starzee for your series of textural shots and terse for your varied input, I particularly liked your sawtooth agave and panosabos.

In 3rd this week is Starzee with Note to self. I like the simplcity, the rough and ready nature of the picture and the blunt message.

In second place is dscheff with In a Magical Place. It's just a lovely picture but was posted before a theme was picked and doesn't follow it. As the theme is subversion, etc, I'm placing it on the strength of it not following the theme rules, so well done there dscheff.

In f1rst place this week is zenjenny with Art Theft.
72E60ACB-352F-4B8C-AA6E-FE3B303E47B8.jpeg

What can I say, an archetypal masterpeice of the Italian Renaissance (it says on wikipedia) cleverly subverted with a punk, in your face aesthetic. Reminiscent of the pythonesque/Gilliam style animations and it has a fag in it. Nice work. I shall put the wet cod away in recognition of your major contibution to the world of art. :notworthy:

Thank you! Totally unexpected and very well appreciated in a subversive kinda way ;) Well earned congratulations to Zenjenny and Starzee for wonderful pieces: in fact congratulations and felicitations all around. :thumbs: :inlove:

Not sure I picked a good theme this week, some notable submitters missing. I alway try and come up with something interesting or creative or whatever but not sure I hit the mark very often. Well done to those that stepped up.

HM's to deepop for growth ring, Starzee for your series of textural shots and terse for your varied input, I particularly liked your sawtooth agave and panosabos.

In 3rd this week is Starzee with Note to self. I like the simplcity, the rough and ready nature of the picture and the blunt message.

In second place is dscheff with In a Magical Place. It's just a lovely picture but was posted before a theme was picked and doesn't follow it. As the theme is subversion, etc, I'm placing it on the strength of it not following the theme rules, so well done there dscheff.

View attachment 173954

What can I say, an archetypal masterpeice of the Italian Renaissance (it says on wikipedia) cleverly subverted with a punk, in your face aesthetic. Reminiscent of the pythonesque/Gilliam style animations and it has a fag in it. Nice work. I shall put the wet cod away in recognition of your major contibution to the world of art. :notworthy:
Well done zenjenny Jen - that’s a subversive image if ever I saw one.:lol: She looks like quite a girl!

Last edited:
Thank you, rizole - I am moved

And I would just like to say
to all my fellow struggling artists
in the basements and the garages and the garrets:
‘Follow your dreams’
’you are all special little snowflakes’
and
‘it takes 75 muscles to frown and only two to smile’

Not sure I picked a good theme this week, some notable submitters missing.
I for one was m.i.a. I think challenging themes are always a risk, sometimes they work sometimes not, but always interesting.

Me personally I really don't do conceptual / abstract photography very well, unless its accidental. If you ask me for a photo of a lamppost I'll give you a lamppost, but ask me to photograph the concept of a feeling or idea, then I'm lost. I guess my brain works on literal stuff better.

Kudos to the ones that entered this round. I actually always feel guilty for not entering a weekly (or ahem two/three weekly) challenge, as I think they are the lifeblood of this place.

Wow. Thanks for the third! Congrats to Jen and everyone! (Though I was looking forward to the cod.)

View attachment 173954

Brava zenjenny Jen!! I just love this. :hearteyes:
Congrats to dscheff Jeffrey, Starzee Star and the HMs!

Back
Top Bottom