MobiColour MC #283 Theme MACRO

How clean is your shower head.
Before.
View attachment 181694
After a go with an old toothbrush. Much better.
View attachment 181695
I buy vinegar and bicarb in bulk, and I have a collection of old toothbrushes under the sink. I’m particularly fond of scrubbing around taps and drains and ‘restoring’ the bottoms of frypans. Sigh.

No, the Moment macro is the same. There are a few macro add-ons around that advertise themselves as long-range macros, meaning you can be a bit further away, and I've wondered if those would also have a bigger depth of field. I've tried focus stacking as an alternative, and it sort of works but only within the range of focus allowed by the lens, and it needs a tripod.
Eyeing up the reduced price for iphone11 case and macro from moment. Very tempted even if it still costs $140 shipped to uk. Xenovo clip on is 15x and half the price

Last edited:
The stingers on nettles.
IMG_20220612_130215_034.jpg

I thought the macro contributions from the Android aficionados particularly good this week. Very sharp.

I have made my choice here on both sharpness and originality.

So FIRST goes to rizole for his potato. Grossly fascinating. I also loved his bridge bugs and fairy liquid.
8A325931-A93C-42A6-8506-1F2F243E5948.jpeg

SECOND is terse with the anemone shell. Stunningly beautiful.
24EC0DCA-A2C6-4B6A-840E-7BB28E833AFB.jpeg

THIRD goes to sinnerjohn for both his apple and ear hairs (not his by the way :lol:).
D4B136AF-B8F9-46C4-A2E5-5F8B34DDD7E4.jpeg

2FFDA69B-50A8-4E19-BEC5-A0BD5EDB0079.jpeg

I thought the macro contributions from the Android aficionados particularly good this week. Very sharp.

So FIRST goes to rizole for his potato. Grossly fascinating. I also loved his bridge bugs and fairy liquid.
View attachment 181875

View attachment 181876

THIRD goes to sinnerjohn for both his apple and ear hairs (not his by the way :lol:).
View attachment 181877
View attachment 181878
TYVM. :notworthy: And thank you for getting me to pick up a macro lens some 18 months since discounting getting one to work on my Huawei. Just a bit of careful experimentation and I'm back in the saddle. :D
Well done terse and sinnerjohn. Comisserations for the covid :(.

As I'm rarely confident in my choice of themes and as my last one was well recieved I'm going to try and keep my streak going by declaring a no theme week (slightly over a week? Handful of days? Some indescriminate period of days roughly corresponding to an agreed, cultural norm but less than a month?)

View attachment 181875

View attachment 181876

View attachment 181877
View attachment 181878
Congratulations rizole Rizole - that’s a great image. I always seem to learn something from macros - hairs where I didn’t know there were hairs, for instance, or complex structures invisible to the naked eye. Well done to terse Ted and sinnerjohn John too. Are we sure that it’s not John’s hairy ear?;)

Back
Top Bottom