MobiColour MCC #284 No Theme ends 6/26

'Outside Toilet'
D304BCB0-EEB8-4A27-838D-1CB92EB97EE0.jpeg

One and a half pages, six entrants submitting 22 pictures, 15 of which were submitted by just two people.
No theme weeks are often quite popular but it's been a bit of a mid-pandemic slump type week in terms of subs.

My 3rd this week is RoseCat with Melted ice cream abstract. I like the geometry the texture of the icecream and the lushness of the grass, despite a sense of a high temprature coming through.

In second is Geek1956 with Mural during the same sex marriage debate. They look like the same man, just one in a wedding dress. The artist clearly has some skill but this looks more like a clone marriage issue, not same sex. Nice photo. Well timed and framed.

Our winner this week is sinnerjohn. I shortlisted 3 of your pics this week, you've put in some strong images. The 3 listed are Survivor, They are Amoung us and Stranded, I wish I was. I could happily choose any of them but I'm going to make Survivor this week's winning snap.
IMG_0013.JPG

I like the green colour wash. There's a bit of the vintage fake polaroid about it. The single orange flower lifts the whole image and works really well against the green. The symmetry in the heads, the rule of 3, strongs shadows on a mottled wall. That dark botch at the top left echos the shadows below it. The texture on the wall is lovely. Nice work.

One and a half pages, six entrants submitting 22 pictures, 15 of which were submitted by just two people.
No theme weeks are often quite popular but it's been a bit of a mid-pandemic slump type week in terms of subs.

My 3rd this week is RoseCat with Melted ice cream abstract. I like the geometry the texture of the icecream and the lushness of the grass, despite a sense of a high temprature coming through.

In second is Geek1956 with Mural during the same sex marriage debate. They look like the same man, just one in a wedding dress. The artist clearly has some skill but this looks more like a clone marriage issue, not same sex. Nice photo. Well timed and framed.

Our winner this week is sinnerjohn. I shortlisted 3 of your pics this week, you've put in some strong images. The 3 listed are Survivor, They are Amoung us and Stranded, I wish I was. I could happily choose any of them but I'm going to make Survivor this week's winning snap.
View attachment 182302
I like the green colour wash. There's a bit of the vintage fake polaroid about it. The single orange flower lifts the whole image and works really well against the green. The symmetry in the heads, the rule of 3, strongs shadows on a mottled wall. That dark botch at the top left echos the shadows below it. The texture on the wall is lovely. Nice work.
:notworthy: wow many thanks rizole, that was a quick shot down an alley on my way to work (pre covid). No real edit apart from putting it though an app called Vignette (only on Android folks) I took a similar shot I think for a 'textures' challenge a few years ago. Those particular poppies just keep on forcing themselves through the concrete year after year, viva la nature!
Well done Geek1956 & RoseCat too.

We will try a theme this coming week, see what we can squeeze out of the woodwork.

View attachment 182302
Thanks for second rizole and congratulations to John sinnerjohn formhis great photo and to RoseCat

View attachment 182302
Congratulations John - a great edit and composition. Well done RoseCat Catherine and Geek1956 Kevin. Great images from everyone who posted.

I guess my comment may have seemed churlish (as it was me that won) but it was meant to be a general comment about the waning community spirit and the power that these challenges used to have. Maybe as rizole pointed out it was maybe 'a mid-pandemic slump type week' or people have their thoughts on holidays or work or COVID, I dunno, maybe I just piss people off :lmao:

Yes, of course…I was tied up Sunday and had 3 winners to announce on Instagram. Got all discombobulated. Congrats to sinnerjohn RoseCat and Geek1956 !!

That’s all well and good Star, but where’s your community spirit?!? :eek::appsir::mobibabe:

Um. Uh. Congrats to RoseCat, Geek1956, and especially sinnerjohn. Great judging rizole.

I'll do better next week, I promise :(
Yes, if we could all congratulate the winners within 36 hours of the announcement of them, then that would be marvellous, regardless of our other commitments.:rolleyes:

I guess my comment may have seemed churlish (as it was me that won) but it was meant to be a general comment about the waning community spirit and the power that these challenges used to have. Maybe as rizole pointed out it was maybe 'a mid-pandemic slump type week' or people have their thoughts on holidays or work or COVID, I dunno, maybe I just piss people off :lmao:
Summer slump, I think. Likely to come and go until fall.

Back
Top Bottom