• > CONGRATULATIONS to our very own Matt (@Smooth) on his change in Marital status! He married Danielle today, Saturday 16th November! We wish then every happiness as they start their married life together... x x <
  • MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all future MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you have been notified!

Medium article about Hipstamatic history by Lucas Buick, Hipsta founder

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
A very interesting read:

Great article! Very interesting to read the detailed historical account. Makes me feel a bit less “hostile” (for lack of a better word) towards the new subscription model, although I don’t think I’ll join any time soon.

chrisD46

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Chris
Reading the article makes me re-state : I have Hipstamatic 300 set up to shoot with the combo I select plus keep a RAW capture image . Of late I find I have been using the RAW image capture which I then edit using Snapseed (mostly) . That said , there are still a few color and especially B&W combos near and dear to me which I still use ... The sheer number of combos is mind boggling - I may go back to random mode again , shoot and see if I can surprise myself . If not , there is a preferred combo I can move the image into or default to the RAW image and edit from there . Perhaps the eternal optimist - when I launch Hipstamatic I still feel that there are possibilities - as long as I feel there are possibilities then I will continue to use it (especially B&W combos) .

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
I edit. Wish I was creative enough to just creatively be able to shoot. Straighten, crop, tweak. Although I’m a total Hipsta fan I’ve decided not to subscribe to Hipsta x since I pretty much always shoot with the iOS camera and then edit in Hipsta.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I edit. Wish I was creative enough to just creatively be able to shoot. Straighten, crop, tweak. Although I’m a total Hipsta fan I’ve decided not to subscribe to Hipsta x since I pretty much always shoot with the iOS camera and then edit in Hipsta.
I’m sure you had all the combos. I certainly didn’t. I am missing 21 lenses and films so Hipsta X at the cheap price is just about worth it for me but if I had had everything I certainly wouldn’t have upgraded.

Kentaro

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Cian
Device
iPhone 11
Great read, if I’d seen this before, I might have gone for that subscription offer. I’ll always have a soft spot for Hipstamatic but I have hardly used it much this year, didn’t think Hipstamatic X was going to change that. I liked the nod to what I assume was RNI “we are NOT historic preservationists,..”.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I'm not a Hipsta guy, but that was still an interesting read and a very good sketch of life in the software world, especially the number of times they shot themselves in the foot. And I like the sound of what they say they've refocused on, even though it's not something I'm interested in using. Good luck to them.