Mel's Macros

LOVE it!! Agree with AlyZen... Book please! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

mahoganyturtle said:
hmmmm and how does one go about such a project??

You could make one in iPhoto on a Mac (I've done this and the quality is beautiful), or on Blurb.com, or RedBubble.com (not sure about RedBubble - I know you can make calendars, not sure about books).

Please don't tell the bees
7013194137_238d183d85_z.jpg

mahoganyturtle said:
Please don't tell the bees

OMG, that is SO CUTE!! :D He totally looks like he was caught with a *leg* in the cookie jar!! All covered in pollen - LMAO!!

What a great shot!! :D

mahoganyturtle said:
Another dragonfly I saved from a web today

Wow...you can see the bits of web stuck to his face!!

Dragonflies are my FAVE bugs...I love them. :inlove:

hei, can i ask how do you hold you phone steady at that close range? I find it very difficult to do so.

hei, can i ask how do you hold you phone steady at that close range? I find it very difficult to do so.

I find if you take a deep breath in then hold it, then shoot helps a lot and grip the phone in both hands. If you can get down on the ground and shoot with your elbows on your knees. Brace your self tight, get the focus, deep breath, finger over the screen, check focus and tap very gently. I rarely get it right first take so take 3 or 4 repeating the steps above.
I only do my macros late afternoon the light is perfect and it's one less thing to have to think about and if it's windy, forget it LOL

mahoganyturtle said:
I find if you take a deep breath in then hold it, then shoot helps a lot and grip the phone in both hands. If you can get down on the ground and shoot with your elbows on your knees. Brace your self tight, get the focus, deep breath, finger over the screen, check focus and tap very gently. I rarely get it right first take so take 3 or 4 repeating the steps above.
I only do my macros late afternoon the light is perfect and it's one less thing to have to think about and if it's windy, forget it LOL

Great description!! You've perfectly described my method too! :lol: How hilarious would it be to have a Macro Meetup.... :sneaky:

mahoganyturtle said:
I find it really meditative, all the deep breathing and slow movements and sometimes strange positions....yogatography ...:lmao:

Yes!! :lmao:

Thank you Cat! He was a cheeky bugger! I have video (not great it was windy) of him too and he was such a character.. in one video he sizes up the phone and jumps up onto the side of my macro lens then wanders around my phone LOL!!

I love that he is the same colours as the flower!! Greens and pinks!!

As I said not great...but when he disappears...he's on my phone LOL
Gives you a great idea of his size too..he is on a standard size clover leaf there...

Back
Top Bottom