• > Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and your MobiStaff... x x <

MIRA Mobile Prize 2017 - Deadline to enter: March 10, 2017

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Just came across another mobile photography contest that should interest our talented MobiPeeps... and it's free to enter! (If you're chosen as a finalist, to support the exhibition costs - printing, framing, production and communication - each finalist will be asked to pay the fee of 30 euros ($33 USD.)

The 4th edition of MIRA Mobile Prize is dedicated to Carolyn Hall Young, a great artist of mobile photography, an extraordinary human being who left us too soon.

Theme: Earth - our planet

– Applicants must submit up to three (3) images (black and white or color)

– Photographers are obliged to respect copyright.

– The deadline for submissions is 23:59 on 4 of March 2017

http://miramobileprize.com/en/regulamento/

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
The deadline to enter is in one week - March 4th - so be sure to enter soon!

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
This is going to be harder than the Mono and Colour challenges on mobitog. I'm going to have to stretch things to find enough material to fit the competition theme.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Here's a further description of the theme from the MIRA website:

There are many questions that stand in the way how humans treat the planet they live on. We propose that submissions reflect the positive and negative aspects of the way we live in the world, on our planet, such as:

Negative aspects:
– urban congestion
– devastating effects of the exploitation of natural resources
– waste, toxic waste
– endangered living environments/species
– land degradation and desertification
– pollution
– violence

Positive aspects:
– unpolluted landscapes
– human, animal and vegetable life in harmony
– recycling
– green zones/parks in cities
– Humans happily enjoying nature

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Not sure I understand their concept of free. If you were lucky (or unlucky) enough to get 3 images in the top 50, that's nearly 100 Euros they would want from you :rolleyes:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Not sure I understand their concept of free. If you were lucky (or unlucky) enough to get 3 images in the top 50, that's nearly 100 Euros they would want from you :rolleyes:
Yes, but since uploading submissions is free they would need to find a way to get funds to print the images for the show. Unless it's a digital show with the winning images on screens, there's always a fee for printing.

Having free submissions will encourage people to enter. I suppose if you won you could always say you didn't want to pay the fee and withdraw or not have your image printed?

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Yes, but since uploading submissions is free they would need to find a way to get funds to print the images for the show. Unless it's a digital show with the winning images on screens, there's always a fee for printing.

Having free submissions will encourage people to enter. I suppose if you won you could always say you didn't want to pay the fee and withdraw or not have your image printed?
But then there would have been no point in entering in the first place :oops:

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
But then there would have been no point in entering in the first place :oops:
Depends on what value you put on it I guess. On the one hand you get to know you can hold your own against some very talented people, keep your money but don't receive any wider recognition or exposure. On the other, you pay thirty quid for the wider recognition and exposure.
I wonder if they shortlist you and add you to the website even if you don't pay up....

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Depends on what value you put on it I guess. On the one hand you get to know you can hold your own against some very talented people, keep your money but don't receive any wider recognition or exposure. On the other, you pay thirty quid for the wider recognition and exposure.
I wonder if they shortlist you and add you to the website even if you don't pay up....
All good points.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
As rizole said, I probably needed a bit more time to think about this one. If I had been aware of it sooner I would have kept an eye open for the nature vs concrete sort of theme or pollution. It's quite difficult providing 3 images which sit well together and I am sure that is probably what they are looking for.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
It's quite difficult providing 3 images which sit well together and I am sure that is probably what they are looking for.
Well, that's not what they're getting from me.:D I don't read it as asking for a set of three, only as no more than three of any images suiting the theme.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
As rizole said, I probably needed a bit more time to think about this one. If I had been aware of it sooner I would have kept an eye open for the nature vs concrete sort of theme or pollution. It's quite difficult providing 3 images which sit well together and I am sure that is probably what they are looking for.
Well, that's not what they're getting from me.:D I don't read it as asking for a set of three, only as no more than three of any images suiting the theme.
I agree with Ted - I think it really means you can only send three images. I personally just happen to have a set of three so that's what I sent, but that's not how I'm interpreting the rule.

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I agree with Ted - I think it really means you can only send three images. I personally just happen to have a set of three so that's what I sent, but that's not how I'm interpreting the rule.
Ooooooo, have you sent your bags in trees?

Last edited:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
If you're planning to submit images for the MIRA Mobile Prize -- and you all should enter at least one -- time is running out. Entries close at 11:59 pm today, March 4. The exhibition is in Portugal, so I think it's a good guess that means 11:59 pm GMT (which sent me, sitting here at GMT-8, scrambling to get my stuff in just now).

I had a hard time selecting three to enter after trimming it down to six candidates. I finally decided to enter these three.

TedSilveira_01.JPG TedSilveira_02.JPG TedSilveira_03.jpg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
If you're planning to submit images for the MIRA Mobile Prize -- and you all should enter at least one -- time is running out. Entries close at 11:59 pm today, March 4. The exhibition is in Portugal, so I think it's a good guess that means 11:59 pm GMT (which sent me, sitting here at GMT-8, scrambling to get my stuff in just now).

I had a hard time selecting three to enter after trimming it down to six candidates. I finally decided to enter these three.

View attachment 89983 View attachment 89984 View attachment 89985
Fantabulous (as deepop David would say). They'd be winners if I was judging.:thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

These are all gorgeous Ted... [emoji7] My favorite is the first one... (natch [emoji76])

rizole

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung

Nice, I particularly like the ghost birds.