• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Mixerpiece

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
From the start, I preferred to insert the figures into my own backgrounds. When I created my first figure, I knew how I wanted to use him. This image reflects the cluelessness of some men, who say they respect women but only respect some unrealistic “ideal”.

Sure, I Respeck da Ladeez...

05F93B46-55F0-4008-8E8E-32436859064C.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
From the start, I preferred to insert the figures into my own backgrounds. When I created my first figure, I knew how I wanted to use him. This image reflects the cluelessness of some men, who say they respect women but only respect some unrealistic “ideal”.

View attachment 113273
Oooh, love this. That looks like an interesting app. I wonder if it’s available here. I’m going to look.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

View attachment 113273
There’s a New Cleric in Town

Mixerpiece, iColorama, Stackables

View attachment 113279
These are so cool! I, too, have been seeing a lot of Mixerpiece on instagram.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
It’s a lot of fun. I can’t seem to find how to bring in your own background, though. Can you point me in the right direction?
I placed my figure on the lightest background Mixerpiece has, then dropped that background in iColorama.

9D7A3480-DC9A-4C65-AE74-ED4E736E09C1.jpeg

I dropped it out to a green background, so I can reuse it in Effects>Chroma in iColorama.

9845FA65-AB8C-4EF0-A5FE-E18755B72254.jpeg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You inspired me to get Mixerpiece and actually edit on my iPad! It was fun, but a bit buggy?? (Maybe because my iPad is 6 years old?)

In your pieces did you add elements that weren’t found in the app? (‘50s woman for example)... because I don’t have those. And how can you bring in photos from the camera roll?
  • I wish you could flatten bits or connect them.
  • Making things small is a bit tricky... many times I had to make the object super big and then pinch it down quickly.
  • My iPad was merely laying on my bed and I was doing something else, and when I looked again a bunch of my elements had been switched out - different eyes, torso, misc elements. I felt like I was going crazy.... luckily I had saved mine otherwise I might have thrown my iPad.
  • Holy moly the quality is horrible! For $1.99 it should be hi-res. :mad: I had to run it through Big Photo just to get it to a decent size.
4342677C-EFD8-4C0E-A58F-AE06132AB0F9.jpeg

Last edited:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
You inspired me to get Mixerpiece and actually edit on my iPad! It was fun, but a bit buggy?? (Maybe because my iPad is 6 years old?)

In your pieces did you add elements that weren’t found in the app? (‘50s woman for example)... because I don’t have those.
  • Making things small is a bit tricky... many times I had to make the object super big and then pinch it down quickly.
  • My iPad was merely laying on my bed and I was doing something else, and when I looked again a bunch of my elements had been switched out - different eyes, torso, misc elements. I felt like I was going crazy.... luckily I had saved mine otherwise I might have thrown my iPad.
  • Holy moly the quality is horrible! For $1.99 it should be hi-res. :mad: I had to run it through Big Photo just to get it to a decent size.
View attachment 114324
Catbird unicorn :inlove::D

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

In your pieces did you add elements that weren’t found in the app? (‘50s woman for example)... because I don’t have those. And how can you bring in photos from the camera roll?
As I said, I put figures onto the plainest background then make them reusable. Then I put the figures together with some I’ve saved already using iColorama. The background can be much larger that way and I can resize the elements however I like.

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel

View attachment 114324
I absolutely love this :thumbs::inlove: (although its not photography ;) )

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
As I said, I put figures onto the plainest background then make them reusable. Then I put the figures together with some I’ve saved already using iColorama. The background can be much larger that way and I can resize the elements however I like.
But how do you combine, say, a face that you photographed with elements from the app, like eyes or hats etc, if you can’t insert your photo from the camera roll? I wanted to add a “face” to a faceless mannequin I photographed but I don’t see any way to do that.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
But how do you combine, say, a face that you photographed with elements from the app, like eyes or hats etc, if you can’t insert your photo from the camera roll? I wanted to add a “face” to a faceless mannequin I photographed but I don’t see any way to do that.
If you look at “A Pair and a Pear”, you’ll see I saved off the buildings, the pear and the eyes separately. I created the background and text in iColorama, and cut out the ladies a;so using iColorama. Then I put them all together in iColorama.

Here’s a screenshot of my taking some eyes on the light background from Mixerpiece and creating a Chroma key version with a green background using iColorama. This also gives me the advantage of being able to save at the resolution of my background.

326FF20E-B2EC-48D8-9415-8B2A45DC1759.png

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
If you look at “A Pair and a Pear”, you’ll see I saved off the buildings, the pear and the eyes separately. I created the background and text in iColorama, and cut out the ladies a;so using iColorama. Then I put them all together in iColorama.

Here’s a screenshot of my taking some eyes on the light background from Mixerpiece and creating a Chroma key version with a green background using iColorama. This also gives me the advantage of being able to save at the resolution of my background.

View attachment 114403
AHA!!!! You just save the bits separately... then remix in another app. Brilliant!! :thumbs: And that helps with the whole low res thing too.