MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Wow. A real collage-y app. I’m in heaven.
Yes, it’s definitely up your alley!

Except they reallllllly need to update it and (a) allow us to upload our own photos, (b) have the ability to connect objects, or flatten it and continue adding objects, etc, like every other blending app has, (c) hi res for crap sake!!! It’s 2018 already!!!

Until they give us all these things it’s a bit of an annoyance because you need to save the bits separately and then piece them together in another app.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
B9CC5713-4947-4E45-9777-75A74EB3A57A.jpeg

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Woo hoo — what fun! But As Cat says, some very basic stuff missing - especially if it’s launched as a paid app.
Eraser? I wanted just one if those two eyes.
Flatten? I had to redo the order of pieces if I wanted one on top of the other. Superimpose and others have had that capacity forever.
Not that easy to size/resize, move around?
Hard to make a ‘story’ in the app - as Jerry says, at this stage it would be a few moves to make a narrative piece, and with the limited range (gorgeous as they are) pieces would soon get repetitive.
I must have a look on IG, lisamjw — either I’ve been away too long or I’m not following the right people.

Now off to write the dev (unless you already have, juryjone ?) and invite him here to explain himself :lmao:

Last edited:

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Wow. A real collage-y app. I’m in heaven.
If you like to get LOTS of cutouts to use in collages, try Freemix. It is difficult to use, and the resolution is obnoxiously low (750x750!). But if you use the same technique (and Freemix supplies you with a bright green background, eliminating the extra step) then there are many, many free-to-use elements.

In this piece the background was created in iColorama, the two figures are from Freemix, and the eye is from Mixerpiece.

He Was Embarrassed by Her Freedom on the Dance Floor.

139AE0AF-5600-49D3-AB97-17375E45DC86.jpeg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Woo hoo — what fun! But As Cat says, some very basic stuff missing - especially if it’s launched as a paid app.
Eraser? I wanted just one if those two eyes.
Flatten? I had to redo the order of pieces if I wanted one on top of the other. Superimpose and others have had that capacity forever.
Not that easy to size/resize, move around?
Hard to make a ‘story’ in the app - as Jerry says, at this stage it would be a few moves to make a narrative piece, and with the limited range (gorgeous as they are) pieces would soon get repetitive.
I must have a look on IG, lisamjw — either I’ve been away too long or I’m not following the right people.

Now off to write the dev (unless you already have, juryjone ?) and invite him here to explain himself :lmao:
Yes yes yes yes yes and YES.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
If you like to get LOTS of cutouts to use in collages, try Freemix. It is difficult to use, and the resolution is obnoxiously low (750x750!). But if you use the same technique (and Freemix supplies you with a bright green background, eliminating the extra step) then there are many, many free-to-use elements.

In this piece the background was created in iColorama, the two figures are from Freemix, and the eye is from Mixerpiece.

He Was Embarrassed by Her Freedom on the Dance Floor.

View attachment 114407
That’s super cool, but (1) difficult to use and (2) ridiculously low res are deal breakers for me.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
If you like to get LOTS of cutouts to use in collages, try Freemix. It is difficult to use,

Putting it mildly :eek:

And I don’t yet know if there is an easier way to find an image than to scroll through yards and yards of randomly ‘organised’ cutouts; and on my iPad I can’t see the whole image . . . But, those (and your cautions) aside, it could conceivably be fun o_O

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Well, okay, I guess it’s time for a Freemix mini-tut.

First of all, you can change categories of cutouts, by tapping the word Random at the top center. A drop-down, scrollable list of categories appears.

01ACE9B8-AA53-42A4-A5C1-B2A68FC41378.png

When you’re fonished, you tap the arrow at top right to get to a save screen. But this is to save it to the app’s gallery, and potentially to the public gallery. So turn off the Public and Remixable switches.

D3CA8639-68E4-4026-B44C-570AA5F31C1F.png

Tapping Save places it in the gallery, but you have to select it from the gallery to save it to the Camera Roll. You tap the three dots on the right below the selected image and choose the Share option, from which you can choose Save.

CE2355A8-61F7-4A05-9541-CEED78753C63.png

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Now, I will say that the cutout selection is still a problem, since it sometimes gives you the same thirty images repeated over and over. If you scroll through the random and see two that you want, and save off one, when you return to random, it’s a new set of random images and you can’t find the second one.

Also, there was a fou or five day stretch last week where the app was a brick and you couldn’t even get to the website to complain.

So be prepared for frustration.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Art Self-Examination

Freemix has reappeared after a couple of months of being a brick. I created the image within the frame in Freemix, , and “painted” it in iColorama. Then I used a PhotoFunia gallery image, then took it back into iColorama to paint the patron.

5B4F3D43-FC0E-420B-B404-D322662B337E.png

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Art Self-Examination

Freemix has reappeared after a couple of months of being a brick. I created the image within the frame in Freemix, , and “painted” it in iColorama. Then I used a PhotoFunia gallery image, then took it back into iColorama to paint the patron.

View attachment 117294
Awesome! :inlove:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Art Self-Examination

View attachment 117294
Love it!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
juryjone Jerry how are you finding re-sizing pieces, moving pieces around etc? A bit like RoseCat ‘s initial queries above, I have trouble pinching the piece down to small, rotating it . . . and as for keeping it in place.. . . o_O :alien: :poutingcat:
If I didn’t like the app the idea so much I would have thrown my iPad out the window by now.
Do you have any inside knowledge about plans to upgrade?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
And scrolling your collages again Jerry has me wondering if you know/follow @DavidtheReader on IG? His collage method is different but I see some similarities. He’s a bit wicked sometimes :mobibabe:

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
juryjone Jerry how are you finding re-sizing pieces, moving pieces around etc? A bit like RoseCat ‘s initial queries above, I have trouble pinching the piece down to small, rotating it . . . and as for keeping it in place.. . . o_O:alien::poutingcat:
If I didn’t like the app the idea so much I would have thrown my iPad out the window by now.
Do you have any inside knowledge about plans to upgrade?
I wish I did. I opened Mixerpiece a few days ago and had the same resizing issues you mentioned. Meanwhile, Freemix is a brick again. *sigh*

Top Bottom