Judge:
Nagaisgich Carmel
Theme: A Quote

The lovely and immutably abstract
Starzee Star
is looking after APPstract
while the currently exceedingly literal and scientific
zenjenny Jen
is on ”leave of absence” for a month maybe two :)

Last edited:
Thanks again for honouring my photo! I’m so thrilled.

The theme is a quote. Make of it what you will ... and I’m going to post my interpretation as soon as I can for what I call a “sample” but is just my way of adding my own contribution without conflict of interest :)

Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It's like the tide going out, revealing whatever's been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future.
Margaret Atwood, Cat's Eye

Throwing this out just just to share my own interpretation.

Three photos were involved. A rusty tin can, a wet beach with autumn leaves on it, and an abstract pair of eyes (the eyes aren’t visible, just the lined background but oh well... Focos has issues with dimensions ).
B5F5F656-E18B-47C7-B6DA-5B1DA9F08593.jpeg

Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It's like the tide going out, revealing whatever's been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future.
Margaret Atwood, Cat's Eye

Three photos were involved. A rusty tin can, a wet beach with autumn leaves on it, and an abstract pair of eyes (the eyes aren’t visible, just the lined background but oh well... Focos has issues with dimensions ). View attachment 152146
Beautiful. :inlove:

“The only reason we wore sunglasses on stage is because we couldn’t stand the sight of the audience.” John Cale, Velvet Underground

View attachment 152166

SuperimposeX, Trigraphy (when it used to work), iColorama
Those colours remind me of an art era but I’m bad at eras the way some people are bad at faces. “It’s the ....the... it’s the green era??”

The bugs really caught my eye.

Last time I judged, I didn’t make comments but it was cold and lonely so this time I will unless I’m not supposed to?

Those colours remind me of an art era but I’m bad at eras the way some people are bad at faces. “It’s the ....the... it’s the green era??”

The bugs really caught my eye.

Last time I judged, I didn’t make comments but it was cold and lonely so this time I will unless I’m not supposed to?
To each, his own. I usually didn’t make comments, thinking I would comment on all of them after I’d finished but never seemed to have the time at the end. The last couple of times I judged anything, I have made comments. It helped remember how I felt the first time I saw an image. The way you want to judge is the right way!

I have a hard time with direct quotes. I feel like I’m stealing words. I much prefer found poetry, which is still stealing words, but not in their context. Totally different, sort of....

Anyway, for this I used a quote directly lifted from a beer can. Credit goes to Captain Lawrence Brewing. Specifically, Tears of Green. Say, that would be a fine title for an appstract, too!

Captain Lawrence
IColorama
998F782F-C70A-49DF-8C18-51B66E216DCB.jpeg

The Trees Have Eyes, King Diamond

“The trees have eyes, watching me
Then the sound I didn't wanna hear, howling at the moon
Eyes I didn't wanna see, I should have turned around
So much louder, the howling was chilling my bones”

A61AB61B-7D37-4C38-BEF5-D3297255765A.jpeg

IColorama, SuperimposeX, DistressedFX, LensLight

I have a hard time with direct quotes. I feel like I’m stealing words. I much prefer found poetry, which is still stealing words, but not in their context. Totally different, sort of....

Anyway, for this I used a quote directly lifted from a beer can. Credit goes to Captain Lawrence Brewing. Specifically, Tears of Green. Say, that would be a fine title for an appstract, too!

Captain Lawrence
IColorama
View attachment 152169
Love it. So much depth and the autumnal colours are just gorgeous. :notworthy:

Three photos were involved. A rusty tin can, a wet beach with autumn leaves on it, and an abstract pair of eyes (the eyes aren’t visible, just the lined background but oh well... Focos has issues with dimensions ). View attachment 152146
This has a lot of depth to it Carmel. It’s another that looks to me like it’s made of glass - like one of those lovely handmade glass tiles.

This has a lot of depth to it Carmel. It’s another that looks to me like it’s made of glass - like one of those lovely handmade glass tiles.
That’s awesome... I’m thrilled that it is so transformed. It took me awhile to pick out suitable pictures. One of the photos was also used in my winning entry last week but this time it’s upside down and darkened in this one.

View attachment 152170
Wow... this is just gorgeous. :inlove: :notworthy: :inlove:

That’s awesome... I’m thrilled that it is so transformed. It took me awhile to pick out suitable pictures. One of the photos was also used in my winning entry last week but this time it’s upside down and darkened in this one.
I find it amazing that you pick out specific images for blending. I just sort of poke and jab. If it works, great, if not meh, throw one or two out and try again.

View attachment 152170
This is beautiful!!!

Back
Top Bottom