APPstract RESULT: Mobi APPstract #26 11/24-12/8-ish

’You come seeking, in the night . . . ‘

138C0510-BD14-4030-8C93-E125C111DF9C.jpeg

SketchClub, Repix, Union and photograph of family member.

Shows how smart I am: I thought Carmel wanted us to interpret her quote :oops:

and I was finding it really hard , especially the old gloved and nibbled fish bodies :appsir:
You're not alone. :D That's what I thought -- think -- too. But fish bodies aside, surely you can do something with love, tides, and not seeing the future?

and I was finding it really hard , especially the old gloved and nibbled fish bodies :appsir:
A secret confession... I did want people to interpret my quote. But I was enchanted immediately by people offering up their own quote and working with it, so I kept my mouth shut :)

Can’t wait to see your quote and picture :)

Thanks again for honouring my photo! I’m so thrilled.

The theme is a quote. Make of it what you will ... and I’m going to post my interpretation as soon as I can for what I call a “sample” but is just my way of adding my own contribution without conflict of interest :)

Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It's like the tide going out, revealing whatever's been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future.
Margaret Atwood, Cat's Eye
Right. So what we should have been doing is interpreting this quote. It’s so clear in your post Carmel, I don’t know how I missed it. :oops: I’m off to find my photos of fish bodies (which I do have). Back soon.:)

You're not alone. :D That's what I thought -- think -- too. But fish bodies aside, surely you can do something with love, tides, and not seeing the future?
A secret confession... I did want people to interpret my quote. But I was enchanted immediately by people offering up their own quote and working with it, so I kept my mouth shut :)

Can’t wait to see your quote and picture :)
Gosh, I never looked at that way. Going back to reread the quote.

Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It's like the tide going out, revealing whatever's been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future.
Margaret Atwood, Cat's Eye
Oddly, one of my earlier images sort of fits.
4D56C1BD-E12D-4566-831A-BDF209BDEC36.jpeg

I can’t, with a clear conscience, use this in the challenge. I won a Mobicolor with this back in 2017.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom