APPstract RESULT: Mobi APPstract #26 11/24-12/8-ish

E8462D2B-CB63-419B-B39E-F16A28A787A7.jpeg

Slightly off-topic, though if pressed I would say, uh . . . pigeons watch the tide go out, and wonder why, like pigeons, humans don’t mate for life. Also breed eight times a year and, left to their own devices, die after three years.

a while back our deepop David posted a gorgeous strong-lined image of pigeons and their coop. He kindly let me have my way with it, on condition that I shared. In all the wreckage that ensued, this is the one I like best.

over & over in Repix, to exaggerate the lines I fell in love with. Then at least one cycle through other app on my iPad :D

David’s original :inlove:

A4E6FDDA-577B-4205-A62C-B4CB11A6EFE3.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 152353

Slightly off-topic, though if pressed I would say, uh . . . pigeons watch the tide go out, and wonder why, like pigeons, humans don’t mate for life. Also breed eight times a year and, left to their own devices, die after three years.

a while back our deepop David posted a gorgeous strong-lined image of pigeons and their coop. He kindly let me have my way with it, on condition that I shared. In all the wreckage that ensued, this is the one I like best.

over & over in Repix, to exaggerate the lines I fell in love with. Then at least one cycle through other app on my iPad :D

I think this is David’s original :oops: though the image appears to have been through Repix. David?

View attachment 152355
Klee pigeons!

A secret confession... I did want people to interpret my quote. But I was enchanted immediately by people offering up their own quote and working with it, so I kept my mouth shut :)

Can’t wait to see your quote and picture :)
See this is why I never usually dip my toe into the Abstract thread................its just too abstract :confused:

View attachment 152353

I think this is David’s original :oops: though the image appears to have been through Repix. David?

View attachment 152355
Perhaps you Repix-ed it. (I can't get that app to work.) You did something to it. Here's the original.

7EB83D1B-D7AD-495C-B77C-18172F246A95_1_201_a.jpeg

im honoured you apparently did dip your toe :)

carmel sinnerjohn has been known to dive headlong into the Abstract thread (more than once — and I’m sure he’s won it at least once) but then he comes over all ‘will you still respect me in the morning’ and goes to ground again. We apply great tact and sensitivity to John’s dilemma by pretending we don’t notice :mobibabe:

carmel sinnerjohn has been known to dive headlong into the Abstract thread (more than once — and I’m sure he’s won it at least once) but then he comes over all ‘will you still respect me in the morning’ and goes to ground again. We apply great tact and sensitivity to John’s dilemma by pretending we don’t notice :mobibabe:
:zip: Got it.

I added the text before going on to mess around some more,making the text less readable. Here's what it says:
The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome

Excerpted from
Love After Love

By Derek Walcot

Ok.

First, is brilliant warm color with cool colours glowing through and black contrast. zenjenny

Second, is so textured, so evocative of different elements of the sea with what I interpret as a big pink jelly-creature on top. Yes ... it's JillyG's pink thing

Third ... is not quite as abstract. The background is beautifully abstract and I love the whole thing enough to put on my wall, so I can't not put it here. Starzee

Honorable mention is zenjenny again. a throw back to prehistory..... I mean: it's a cave painting! I love the tones, and the shapes and the whole cave-painting thang. https://mobitog.com/posts/436863/

Last edited:
Ok.

First, is brilliant warm color with cool colours glowing through and black contrast. zenjenny

Second, is so textured, so evocative of different elements of the sea with what I interpret as a big pink jelly-creature on top. Yes ... it's JillyG's pink thing

Third ... is not quite as abstract. The background is beautifully abstract and I love the whole thing enough to put on my wall, so I can't not put it here. Starzee

Honorable mention is zenjenny again. a throw back to prehistory..... I mean: it's a cave painting! I love the tones, and the shapes and the whole cave-painting thang. https://mobitog.com/posts/0436863/
Thank you for the third and congrats to zenjenny and JillyG !

What have you in mind for us zenjenny ?

Ok.

Honorable mention is zenjenny again. a throw back to prehistory..... I mean: it's a cave painting! I love the tones, and the shapes and the whole cave-painting thang. https://mobitog.com/posts/436863/
Wow, I’m honoured to be sandwiched between zenjenny Jen and Starzee Star. Congratulations to Jen, who always produces such fabulous work, as does Star. :notworthy: :notworthy:

View attachment 152353

David’s original :inlove:

View attachment 152386
Actually, Jen, the top image is mine :confused:;)

I don’t have the original image on my iPad but here’s the silhouette.
17E3BDFD-E051-4027-95DD-3E5F1B7A8054.jpeg

This was combined with a real collage
A665F33D-BDF5-434D-A07C-472C8AA3FAEE.jpeg

Hello, I’m confused . . . Thank you for choosing my image, Carmel. But I don’t know which image? And did my ‘cave painting’ — which for me was the depths of the ocean from your quote :mobibabe: :alien: :lmao: — get a HM? When I clicked the link I got one of Ted’s images.

I‘m clear about JillyG ’s lovely ‘pink thing’ :inlove: And when I click Starzee ‘s link I get Carmel’s eyeballo_O I’m so very confused. And I’ve stolen ImageArt Ann ‘s pigeons???when I thought I was wrecking David’s pigeons ?? I feel faint. Somebody burn some feathers while I check my photo trash cache. Wait, no. Bad example. Burn paper. (Too much BaronessOrczy in my youth).

while I regain my composure (if I’m right to pick a theme) I would like to revisit one of Starzee ‘s previous themes of ‘in the style of...’. Have a go at the style of an artist or a method you like.

And here is a re-post of the MobiTog Art Games Board on Pinterest for ideas :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom