Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
Welcome to Mobi APPstract 2 Week Challenge

73F882E5-F1F8-4AF6-88B8-1137E812BF52.jpeg

Nagaisgich Carmel assures me that this is the image she deemed first place.
Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

please see MobiTog challenge rules here

Judge:
zenjenny Jen
Theme: I would like to revisit one of Starzee ‘s previous themes of ‘in the style of...’.
Have a go at the style of an artist or a method you like.

The lovely and immutably abstract
Starzee Star
is looking after APPstract
while the currently exceedingly literal and scientific
zenjenny Jen
is on ”leave of absence” for a month maybe two :)

Last edited:
In the style of Jan Corcoran. Well, a little.

I used a photo that I had already sent into the artistic machine ... sent it back without mercy to iColorama for a water colour effect. It’s hopefully what Jan would do at Christmas.

0419D5D0-E0A7-4913-8FFD-1075A4E34DE1.jpeg

In the style of Jan Corcoran. Well, a little.

I used a photo that I had already sent into the artistic machine ... sent it back without mercy to iColorama for a water colour effect. It’s hopefully what Jan would do at Christmas.

View attachment 152684
We are off to a great start. And the snow looks great on this!

In the style of aboriginal with a giant question mark. Which peoples? No idea. The Tribe of iColorama and millions of reversible sequins? If you’re curious about the sequins I’ll post the original. View attachment 152689
The Tribe of iColorama is a large and strange one. They embark on vision quests by descending into a maze of twisty little passages, to emerge days later waving sheets of paper and raving at the moon. They maintain the tribe by kidnapping the unsuspecting since they have no time for breeding.

Last edited:
The Tribe of iColorama is a large and strange one. They embark on vision quests by descending into a maze of twisty little passage, to emerge days later waving sheets of paper and raving at the moon. They maintain the tribe by kidnapping the unsuspecting since they have no time for breeding.
I’ve seen them waving tiny screens too

In the style of hieroglyphic painting?

hieroglyphic painting? I wouldn’t have a clue. Nice image, though. The light at the end of . . . ? Or the light of the train bearing down on you? Or you’ve already been disintegrated by the train and now you’re ‘going to the light’? Or you have ‘become the light’ ?
please respond in hieroglyphics, to close the loop.

I’m putting this up with some embarrassment because it’s both bad and a straight up copy of one of the kid’s art projects on Jen’s Pintrest site. On the other hand, it’s one of the first things I’ve drawn since kindergarten ( one can see how much I’ve progressed) (and with none of the sublety of Jilly’s Modigliani), it was fun, and it gave me the opportunity to play around with SkectchBook and Pixelmator.(iColorama and Distressed Fx were also involved.)
1691412F-CA1D-41B7-AA7D-171883CD8839.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m putting this up with some embarrassment because it’s both bad and a straight up copy of one of the kid’s art projects on Jen’s Pintrest site. On the other hand, it’s one of the first things I’ve drawn since kindergarten ( one can see how much I’ve progressed) (and with none of the sublety of Jilly’s Modigliani), it was fun, and it gave me the opportunity to play around with SkectchBook and Pixelmator.(iColorama and Distressed Fx were also involved.)
View attachment 152727
It’s NOT bad - it shows a great deal of artistic skill. Look at how you’ve got everything where it should be. Children tend to make the top of the head too small and put the eyes up there. The colours are fab too. I love this.

Back
Top Bottom