APPstract RESULT: Mobi Appstract #27 12/8-12/29ish

Variations on a Theme

View attachment 152908

Inspired by sdimbour Sandra, who posted some images of her visit to the Elysee Palace in Paris. There were some fantastic modernist furniture, so I went onto the Internet to find out more about the modern art that is displayed there. This is my take on an artist whose work is hung at the Palace - Marie Laurencin.
Procreate, iColorama

she looks Madonna-like. Inspires me to look up Marie Laurencin.
(gotta love this place - I hear of an artist or a style or an image every week).

In the style of Picasso

B7F6F240-7A73-4888-9BAC-BCC4A1DC20F5.jpeg

I’ve posted this before. My favourite Prismacolour pencils ( :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:) and a Sharpie for her mouth. I think the heavier lines look like marker pens - the Prismas are so dense and oily and very friendly to my preference for strong sweeping lines :lmao: You need a decent weight paper to use them to their full flamboyant potential.

Anyway this Picasso-esque project arose out of a kids’ art lesson on ‘how to make an abstract’. Something like ‘make two wavy lines across the page; add two different shapes . . . ‘

These types of kid art lessons are posted on the Art Games for MobiTog.com Pinterest board

Last edited:
These two beauties make me realise I’m the only Australian posting in this thread (unless we can persuade younger :) ) and I’ve never tried a dot painting. Except in mandalas, which afaik wasn’t part of indigenous Australian art :appsir: .

You two have inspired me to have a go. I have a rainbow serpent somewhere (another ‘adult colouring page’ - my go-to art inspiration these days :mobibabe:)
I might try and join in in the holidays!

With such busy days coming up, I feel that we should extend our challenge an extra week. Besides, younger Juliana may join in the fun! So, this thread is officially extended until Sunday, 12/29!
Er, that is if no one else minds....

Now, I’m off to try my hand at Picasso!

yay! :thumbs: (I have lopsided mismatched Kandinsky Ebru circles!

I just counted: only five contributors to this week’s fortnight‘s month’s theme!
if I say so myself, we’ve done a pretty sterling job *modest cough*. Why I didn’t notice before. But the unquestionable talent & dedication of we five is not the point :mobibabe:

where‘s the rest of our APPstract Royalty? ImageArt Ann? (Though I suppose I did steal her pigeons in the last round :oops:) RoseCat Catherine and terse Ted ? ? ? (Y’all know how delicate my sensibilities better than anyone and you choose this thread with my choice of theme not to participate in??? Please consider these # # # as three forehead-clasping, burned feather wafting emojis. Plus *hmph*)

rizole? dscheff? younger? Ryn S? GroovyGouvy ? FundyBrian ?

sinnerjohn ? You don’t necessarily contribute images, but your ontological questions keep us on our toes about the possibility that art, or abstract art, or we as artists, or in fact reality as we know it may or may not exist. These are important questions. And, now I think on it, it’s quite likely the absence of this guiding narrative is precisely what has kept so many of our best artists away. For shame, John. For shame.

It’s a couple of days early, but because contributions have slowed down, zenjenny Jen and I have decided to close this thread...
*Unless there’s a post or two before it’s judged.

Go ahead and have at judging, Jen! The next round can be be found here.

Last edited:
I just counted: only five contributors to this week’s fortnight‘s month’s theme!
if I say so myself, we’ve done a pretty sterling job *modest cough*. Why I didn’t notice before. But the unquestionable talent & dedication of we five is not the point :mobibabe:

where‘s the rest of our APPstract Royalty? ImageArt Ann? (Though I suppose I did steal her pigeons in the last round :oops:) RoseCat Catherine and terse Ted ? ? ? (Y’all know how delicate my sensibilities better than anyone and you choose this thread with my choice of theme not to participate in??? Please consider these # # # as three forehead-clasping, burned feather wafting emojis. Plus *hmph*)

rizole? dscheff? younger? Ryn S? GroovyGouvy ? FundyBrian ?

sinnerjohn ? You don’t necessarily contribute images, but your ontological questions keep us on our toes about the possibility that art, or abstract art, or we as artists, or in fact reality as we know it may or may not exist. These are important questions. And, now I think on it, it’s quite likely the absence of this guiding narrative is precisely what has kept so many of our best artists away. For shame, John. For shame.
Well, I made an effort and I’m too late now. :mobibabe:

Henri Matisse (all Procreate)
9E95470F-1C32-4C8B-83ED-528FADDF276E.png

Apologies, I'm currently... erm...err...I'm dead?
dead.jpg

Apologies, I'm currently... erm...err...I'm dead? View attachment 153129

Feel better soon? love the emoji.

Apologies, I'm currently... erm...err...I'm dead? View attachment 153129

okay, then. but I want a note from your parents.

Back
Top Bottom