APPstract RESULT: Mobi Appstract #27 12/8-12/29ish

@sinnerjohn ? You don’t necessarily contribute images, but your ontological questions keep us on our toes about the possibility that art, or abstract art, or we as artists, or in fact reality as we know it may or may not exist. These are important questions. And, now I think on it, it’s quite likely the absence of this guiding narrative is precisely what has kept so many of our best artists away. For shame, John. For shame.
I have no idea.

okay, then. but I want a note from your parents.
sik note.png

I love this kind of theme (thank you, Starzee ). I love how curious & inspired I feel, browsing the (Pinterest level) demonstrations of different artists’ styles. And I lovelovelove seeing what our APPstrac-ists come up with :inlove:

So I hope we have this theme again. But to round up this round:

Nagaisgich Carmel had a go at Jan Corcoran, Munch, 60’s acid, aboriginal, hieroglyphic painting (which genre I thought Carmel had made up till I googled it and found these, much less interesting than Carmel’s, examples. So Carmel gets the ‘Fully Owning a Genre’ award.

JillyG Jilly’s gorgeous Modigliani lady and her wistfully beautiful Marie Laurencin-inspired painting affirm her lifetime ‘Anything She Puts Her (Creative) Hand To‘ award.

Starzee Star: Kandinsky, Picasso, Chinese splashed ink (another genre I never heard of (bloody liberal arts education ain’t what it used to be), and an aboriginal art ‘dot painting’ which is well-known in Australian indigenous art but without the canned tuna. The Garfield figure in her Picasso made her a nominee, but it’s that nice touch with the ‘ancient art plus tin cans’ which nails Star’s award in the ‘Reinventing An Entire Genre Without So Much As A Blink In The Direction Of Political Correctness’ category.

I had a swing at Degas, Klee, Kandinsky, a Matisse-Rodin collab., and a couple of ‘styles’ that I couldn’t quite pin down, but I’m judging so they qualify as styles. So there.

RoseCat Cat did not post an image, but she did call me a fruitloop. The ‘I Thought You Were My Friend’ award. Also *hmph*.

terse Ted offered invaluable anthropological insights into the iColorama tribals. But no image. A rare tie for the ‘I Thought You Were My Friend’ award. Also *sniff*.

ImageArt Ann deserves special mention for contributing an ‘in the style of Matisse’ (and a rendition that only Ann could do) at the last minute and while globetrotting! ‘Unstoppable Artistry’ award.

Alas, there can be only one winner, and it’s deepop David’s self-portrait in the style of Picasso and/or Mrs Hepworth’s third grade art class. For so many reasons to do with the spirit in which I collected all those bits on the MobiTog Art Games Pinterest board, the fact that he drew it, and he hadn’t drawn anything since kindergarten — and he quite liked the experience — and because it’s a cool portrait.

But most of all it’s deepop ’s image ‘for the win’ because both the image and the process David described reminded me of one of Picasso’s most beautiful, most poignant and most quoted wisdoms:

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”

02D353AE-A83A-42D6-8C6B-CBB3ED5D1D81.jpeg

I love this kind of theme (thank you, Starzee ). I love how curious & inspired I feel, browsing the (Pinterest level) demonstrations of different artists’ styles. And I lovelovelove seeing what our APPstrac-ists come up with :inlove:

Nagaisgich Carmel had a go at Jan Corcoran, Munch, 60’s acid, aboriginal, hieroglyphic painting (which genre I thought Carmel had made up till I googled it and found these, much less interesting than Carmel’s, examples. So Carmel gets the ‘Fully Owning a Genre’ award.

JillyG Jilly’s gorgeous Modigliani lady and her wistfully beautiful Marie Laurencin-inspired painting affirm her lifetime ‘Anything She Puts Her (Creative) Hand To‘ award.

Starzee Star: Kandinsky, Picasso, Chinese splashed ink (another genre I never heard of (bloody liberal arts education ain’t what it used to be), and an aboriginal art ‘dot painting’ which is well-known in Australian indigenous art but without the canned tuna. The Garfield figure in her Picasso made her a nominee, but it’s that nice touch with the ‘ancient art plus tin cans’ which nails Star’s award in the ‘Reinventing An Entire Genre Without So Much As A Blink In The Direction Of Political Correctness’ category.

I had a swing at Degas, Klee, Kandinsky, a Matisse-Rodin collab., and a couple of ‘styles’ that I couldn’t quite pin down, but I’m judging so they qualify as styles. So there.

RoseCat Cat did not post an image, but she did call me a fruitloop. The ‘I Thought You Were My Friend’ award. Also *hmph*.

terse Ted offered invaluable anthropological insights into the iColorama tribals. But no image. A rare tie for the ‘I Thought You Were My Friend’ award. Also *sniff*.

ImageArt Ann deserves special mention for contributing an ‘in the style of Matisse’ (and a rendition that only Ann could do) at the last minute and while globetrotting! ‘Unstoppable Artistry’ award.

Alas, there can be only one winner, and it’s deepop David’s self-portrait in the style of Picasso and/or Mrs Hepworth’s third grade art class. For so many reasons to do with the spirit in which I collected all those bits on the MobiTog Art Games Pinterest board, the fact that he drew it, and he hadn’t drawn anything since kindergarten — and he quite liked the experience — and because it’s a cool portrait.

But most of all it’s @deepop’s image ‘for the win’ because the image and the process David described reminded me of one of Picasso’s most beautiful, most poignant and most quoted wisdoms:

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”

View attachment 153145

Nice job of judging! Entertaining, too. Congrats everyone! Can’t wait to see what deepop David cooks up for us.

And what do you mean the Aborigines didn’t have canned fish?? How did they make a tuna sandwich??

But most of all it’s @deepop’s image ‘for the win’ because the image and the process David described reminded me of one of Picasso’s most beautiful, most poignant and most quoted wisdoms:

View attachment 153145

Enjoyed your analysis very much.

View attachment 153145

I did not see this coming! I’m honored, and I hope Mrs Hepworth feels some measure of fulfillment seeing that her hard work paid off. Fantastic awards ( maybe channeling something of FundyBrian Brian’s Time Stamp honors.)
Given the nature of the winning creation, the theme for the upcoming challenge is Faces/Portraits (in the abstract of course.)

View attachment 153145

Just the best, David. Loved it!

@RoseCat Cat did not post an image, but she did call me a fruitloop. The ‘I Thought You Were My Friend’ award. Also *hmph*.
:flushed: :grimacing: I do apologize... I am barely shooting regular images at the moment, let alone creating any art. :whistle: :feet:
But most of all it’s @deepop ’s image ‘for the win’ because both the image and the process David described reminded me of one of Picasso’s most beautiful, most poignant and most quoted wisdoms:

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.”​
Excellent choice indeed!! Congrats David!!! :hearteyes:

And deep bows for the gorgeous work by Nagaisgich Carmel, JillyG, Starzee Star, and ImageArt Ann!! :notworthy: :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom