Welcome to Mobi Appstract!!!!
Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

Please see MobiTog challenge rules here

Judge: deepop David

Theme:
Faces/Portraits (in the abstract of course.)

Starzee Star
is kindly looking after APPstract until end-Jan, when Jen will be back
and Star will be free to attend to the many, many tasks
allocated to her since she was foolish enough to join the staff team :)

Last edited by a moderator:
56D85FCB-AB08-4BCE-AE7D-74BE8D693627.jpeg

An earlier version of my ‘in the style of Unknown‘ post in the last thread. First collage was cut & pasted in Union. I was quite taken with the contrasting [at the time] desaturated white band of my eyes layered on to the face. That version turned up in FotoDa with the eyes-bit highly saturated and quite pixelated. I might fix that in SketchClub some time, but currently I’m fascinated looking at an image that includes my own unrecognisable eyes. I’m sure there’s something very profoundly ontological at work there. Where’s sinnerjohn when you need him?

Last edited:
An homage to Linder Sterling - a wonderful “abstract“photographer. I would love to be able to produce images like hers. This is nothing like her work, but I tried.

It conveys the ‘feel’. It’s hard to generate the language (sotospeak) of such a unique/groundbreaker as Sterling, without actually copying a image. I‘d be interested to see what you came up with layering a couple of your own similar-but-different BW portraits with RipPix. I recall some of your gorgeous portraits of Nicola (?) your hairdresser...... How would she feel about posing with a knife and a fork covering her eyes ? :lmao:

I like both of these — especially the palette of the second (those reds :inlove: ) What apps did you use?
I took it with Focos so the background blurred nicely for me. Then I used iColorama to simplify and sketch the lightest lines (no longer visible possibly). Also in iColorama I went into Multi under the Effect option for The colour. At some point I lightened the whole thing.

View attachment 153181
An homage to Linder Sterling - a wonderful “abstract“photographer. I would love to be able to produce images like hers. This is nothing like her work, but I tried. Here’s a link to some of her fabulous images. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=linder+sterling&t=fpas&ia=images&iax=images
Procreate, iColorama, RipPix
I like both of these — especially the palette of the second (those reds :inlove: ) What apps did you use?

Almost embarrassing to show you the original ... I just wanted a candid of my friends but she (in the middle) was a bit interested so I turned it just for her.
1B684658-28DF-45C8-889A-B445ED88CFC1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom