APPstract RESULT: Mobi Appstract #28 Faces/Portrait 12/26-1/12-ish

The Eye of the Beholder
A15D8938-EE24-4B43-97F7-0BF387AB0CB4.jpeg

Procreate, iColorama, Repix, ImaEngine, Snapseed

Last edited:
The Eye of the Beholder
View attachment 153664
Procreate, iColorama, Repix, ImaEngine, Snapseed

Nice. Some of your collages are so intricate. Ie at first glance (to me at least) they look simple, but then my eye takes in all the bits of the different layers - and in places the layers are quite wildly different (texture colour theme) but it all makes sense. I’d prefer to say ‘coherent’, but Starzee will think I’ve been at the art critique generator :mobibabe:

At Star’s rather pointed urging...

This was for the FotoDa gallery. I created a portrait using Deep Art Effects and Glaze, and used this as my “Pinned photo” in FotoDa. Then I changed the album for the random selection to a small album I have of unused abstracts. Let’s call it Rough Representation.

View attachment 153652
Ahem.....thank you for heeding my pointedness.. :D

thanks so much for contributing, Jerry (our Starzee can be very pointed & urging, can’t she? We’re very proud :inlove: ).

this is fabulous for ‘abstract portrait’ and also for FotoDa . Btw glad of the reminder of Glaze - I haven’t opened it in a long while :thumbs:
Thank you zenjenny Jen. I owe it all to you!!! :D

Nice. Some of your collages are so intricate. Ie at first glance (to me at least) they look simple, but then my eye takes in all the bits of the different layers - and in places the layers are quite wildly different (texture colour theme) but it all makes sense. I’d prefer to say ‘coherent’, but Starzee will think I’ve been at the art critique generator :mobibabe:
What she said about your collages. They are amazing!

532C6363-6AD9-4ED8-BFF1-FD4F5D8CE073.jpeg

this started off as a FotoDa image from my Blackie folder. I was going to post it in the FotoDa Gallery. But by the time it had been through SketchClub Union & SnapSeed a few times I figured the relationship was tenuous at best. So *ahem* my second abstractified portrait featuring one big eye. I’ll await sinnerjohn ‘s wisdom on What It All Means.

Aha!!!!!

Now, of course, I’m addicted to that! I’ve bookmarked just below my Haiku Generator.

I think rizole brought that to our attention. Or maybe Jason Gagliardi. . . I don’t know. but there was also an arty bollocks generator and a thesis proposal generator. Example: Even though collages can be bland and unoriginal, Ann’s art rocks because she amalgamates multiple themes she is adventurous with colour and her results are both complex and coherent .

For example

My work explores the relationship between the universality of myth and emotional memories. With influences as diverse as Kafka and Andy Warhol, new tensions are crafted from both explicit and implicit textures.​
Ever since I was a postgraduate I have been fascinated by the traditional understanding of the zeitgeist. What starts out as contemplation soon becomes debased into a carnival of distress, leaving only a sense of unreality and the inevitability of a new order.​
As wavering derivatives become reconfigured through boundaried and repetitive practice, the viewer is left with an epitaph for the limits of our existence.​

"Carnival of distress" is sheer genius.

I think rizole brought that to our attention. Or maybe Jason Gagliardi. . . I don’t know. but there was also an arty bollocks generator and a thesis proposal generator. Example: Even though collages can be bland and unoriginal, Ann’s art rocks because she amalgamates multiple themes she is adventurous with colour and her results are both complex and coherent .
You are too kind, Mademoiselle

Mixerpiece, iColorama, Diana
View attachment 153385

I keep going back to this. I love how saturated it is — and that tiny bit of blue/pink/lilac in the centre (RoseCat would be able to name the hues in ten seconds & prob give us the RG values at the same time :hearteyecat: )

mainly though I’m looking at the Mixerpiece wreck, which I’ve never thought of trying, and thinking ‘hmm’ :alien: :)

did you look at Elasticam yet, Carmel? I’m sure it doesn’t offer anything you can’t do twice as easily in iColorama, but maybe useful as an anthropological exercise - artistic customs o& a previous culture :D
Actually, warping can be quite difficult to do in a custom fashion in iColorama. The Warp tool is large and you can’t change the size by zooming in and out. Specific Deforms presets are nice, but hard to customize. I like Elasticam a lot for warping faces.

31727DC7-9A41-4368-AEA2-9D00BE213171.jpeg

FotoDa does spring some surprises on you. I used the same pinned picture as my “base” and got three variations I liked. The first had so much white that I blended it onto a pastel background in iColorama.

0C14D5E4-D1B1-4ACE-A19D-F1718B931A03.jpeg

The second I liked for totally different reasons.

5F52C0DE-C121-4CFC-AADF-8C5A0C78237A.jpeg

And the third surprised me.

DEDBBA1F-0DAA-43B2-8879-E4C91827CABD.jpeg

Actually, warping can be quite difficult to do in a custom fashion in iColorama. The Warp tool is large and you can’t change the size by zooming in and out. Specific Deforms presets are nice, but hard to customize. I like Elasticam a lot for warping faces.

View attachment 153742
I had that app before and deleted it. I wonder why? It’s pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom