MobiColour Mobi-Colour #234 Theme Reflections

that’s Strine for ‘congratulations’ and ‘well played, sir’
Struth Sheila, I'm fluent in Strine ya mongrel!

“A few years ago we colonized this place (Australia)with some of our finest felons, thieves, muggers, alcoholics and prostitutes, a strain of depravity which I believe has contributed greatly to this country's amazing vigour and enterprise”
Ian Wooldridge (1932 – 2007)

HM to lkbside for Aspen Art Museum. Nice balance, composition and palette. :)

In 3rd this week is deepop with Bean’s eye view. Mindbending indeed. How often do we get dogs in glasses and porkpie hats? Fascinating to see just how we all interact with the world via our phones these days.

In 2nd place is ImageArt with Blurred Building. Looks like an impressionistic painting (water colour?) Love the texture and movement in this with strong, if exploded, lines through out and the reeds at the bottom quite literally and figuratively grounding the whole thing.

Our winner this week is Geek1956. I loved Portrait Gallery but the clear winner for me is the prosaically titled:
Sydney captured and edited with native iPhone camera and photos app editor
View attachment 162194
To begin with it's a lovely, clean and crisp image with a deeply reduced palette. It's got a formal grid of clean rectangles most of which are opaque but also some showing internal, square details. Despite being at the front of everything, it falls away into the background behind what it reflects. Which is excitingly warped, disfigured and not at all what large architectural buildings should look like. Oddly the clouds at the back look normal because how do you make a cloud look disfigured, so the overall effect is a wobbly building sandwiched between layers of normality.

Nice.
Yeah, really cool image, Kevin. Congrats. Thanks Rizole for my second and well done David for third.

HM to lkbside for Aspen Art Museum. Nice balance, composition and palette. :)

In 3rd this week is deepop with Bean’s eye view. Mindbending indeed. How often do we get dogs in glasses and porkpie hats? Fascinating to see just how we all interact with the world via our phones these days.

In 2nd place is ImageArt with Blurred Building. Looks like an impressionistic painting (water colour?) Love the texture and movement in this with strong, if exploded, lines through out and the reeds at the bottom quite literally and figuratively grounding the whole thing.

Our winner this week is Geek1956. I loved Portrait Gallery but the clear winner for me is the prosaically titled:
View attachment 162194
To begin with it's a lovely, clean and crisp image with a deeply reduced palette. It's got a formal grid of clean rectangles most of which are opaque but also some showing internal, square details. Despite being at the front of everything, it falls away into the background behind what it reflects. Which is excitingly warped, disfigured and not at all what large architectural buildings should look like. Oddly the clouds at the back look normal because how do you make a cloud look disfigured, so the overall effect is a wobbly building sandwiched between layers of normality.

Nice.
Great ones, Kevin and Ann. Thanks for the 3rd spot.

Our winner this week is @Geek1956. I loved Portrait Gallery but the clear winner for me is the prosaically titled:
21FC8149-F824-4E53-B2D7-55BE41AB2D77.jpeg

I love this! It looks like a building out of a Dr. Suess book, or Willy Wonka. Just fabulous. Congrats Geek1956 Kevin! :)
HM to @lkbside for Aspen Art Museum. Nice balance, composition and palette. :)

In 3rd this week is @deepop with Bean’s eye view. Mindbending indeed. How often do we get dogs in glasses and porkpie hats? Fascinating to see just how we all interact with the world via our phones these days.

In 2nd place is @ImageArt with Blurred Building. Looks like an impressionistic painting (water colour?) Love the texture and movement in this with strong, if exploded, lines through out and the reeds at the bottom quite literally and figuratively grounding the whole thing.
Fabulous, every one. High fives deepop David, ImageArt Ann & lkbside Leslie!

Back
Top Bottom