RESULT Mobi-Colour #280 Theme Fake Polaroids

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
So stupid me goes and picks a hmmm quite popular theme, giving me around 50 give or take, images to choose from :confused:

Observations - Some nice Polaroid apps, seem to have disappeared from Apple/Android.
Were the Polaroid tones really like that, or it it fake nostalgia?
Did we really write messages on the bottom of polaroids or is that a modern invention?
Some edits were more extreme than others........oh wait this IS MobiTog :lol:
I personally get annoyed when NOMO puts a white frame around the frame, could do better NOMO.

Honestly, I liked them all, not a dud amongst the lot, I've always been a fan of the fauxalroid.
So this is how its going to go down this week,

Winner is rizole with his 'Mammal and therapod' although it looks a lot like a chicken to me.
1653300201997.png

Lets face it, with or without the frame it would be a good photo, but the tones are great as is the frame (c'mon Rizole what app did you use??)

2nd place is Ann ImageArt with 'not for competition' :cool:
1653300459288.png

which probably (for me anyway) is the perfect fake polaroid, containing some non mobile elements for sure but who cares ;)

In 3rd place is everyone else that submitted. Thank you, fun wasn't it?

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
:notworthy:
Thank you for my win.
Congrats Ann and, indeed, everyone on the thread.

Snapseed, it's almost always snapseed, I'm so stuck in an app rut it's stupid.
Retrolux number 8 for this one. Thought it worked well with the red bricks and hen.
The frame was Snapseed? I get that you use Snapseed almost exclusively but I've never come across a pola frame on there.

Last edited:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The frame was Snapseed? I get that you use Snapseed almost exclusively but I've never come across a pola frame on there.
I used snapseed for the frame. I started with a plain white frame then used expand to add more white to the bottom.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So stupid me goes and picks a hmmm quite popular theme, giving me around 50 give or take, images to choose from :confused:

Observations - Some nice Polaroid apps, seem to have disappeared from Apple/Android.
Did we really write messages on the bottom of polaroids or is that a modern invention?
I personally get annoyed when NOMO puts a white frame around the frame, could do better NOMO.

Honestly, I liked them all, not a dud amongst the lot, I've always been a fan of the fauxalroid.

Winner is rizole with his 'Mammal and therapod' although it looks a lot like a chicken to me.
View attachment 180856
Lets face it, with or without the frame it would be a good photo, but the tones are great as is the frame (c'mon Rizole what app did you use??)

View attachment 180857
which probably (for me anyway) is the perfect fake polaroid, containing some non mobile elements for sure but who cares ;)

Nice job rizole and ImageArt Anne!

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 180856

View attachment 180857

I gotta say it was a fun theme so creds to you even if it meant trawling through loads. Nice to get such a good response. Thank you for my second. I do love that look.

Well done, rizole , just love the subject matter. Hens and cows - love them - must be from my childhood on farms.

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I didn't have a Polaroid, just got to use one a few times, but as I remember, the colors changed as the prints aged, and they aged fairly quickly. And yep, people did write on the bottom just like that.

Congrats to rizole and ImageArt!

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 180856

View attachment 180857

Congratulations Rizole and Ann.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Not only an un-vandalised phone box —it’s even got an intact phone book??? Where do you live???
RIGHT??? My thoughts exactly. And the phone book is CURRENT. This is on Whidbey Island, Washington, where I lived from age 10 - 20-something-ish. So many things that have not changed AT ALL since I lived there. And still no fast food restaurants on the south end of the island.

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
I came in third! [re-reads sentence] Oh. Well, whatever. A podium place is a podium place.

Joking aside, every image was a lot of fun. Congrats to rizole and ImageArt and everyone else.