Mobi Members' self-portraits

Off the back of possibility_pictures's idea of painting with the healing brush on the snapseed TWAC thread I came up with this. It had an organicy mess feel to me so I went and pushed it further down in that direction. My nose is not that shape...
I used snapseed and toolwiz.
IMG_20161128_134908-01-01_1480370060815_1480580676048_1480631493185.jpg

I's not pretty. OTOH, we went to a Manchester art gallery last weekend and some of the most interesting pics, I think, were portraits of faces you wouldn't normally take pics of. Wish I'd got the photographers name but it's hard to concentrate with bored children in tow.
DSC_1204.JPG
DSC_1198-01.jpeg

Off the back of possibility_pictures's idea of painting with the healing brush on the snapseed TWAC thread I came up with this. It had an organicy mess feel to me so I went and pushed it further down in that direction. My nose is not that shape...
I used snapseed and toolwiz.View attachment 85233
I's not pretty. OTOH, we went to a Manchester art gallery last weekend and some of the most interesting pics, I think, were portraits of faces you wouldn't normally take pics of. Wish I'd got the photographers name but it's hard to concentrate with bored children in tow.

Wowowowza!!! That is disturbing and so totally cool all at once!! [emoji144]‍♀️[emoji144]‍♀️[emoji144]‍♀️[emoji144]‍♀️ I don't know how the heck you do this.

I's not pretty. OTOH, we went to a Manchester art gallery last weekend and some of the most interesting pics, I think, were portraits of faces you wouldn't normally take pics of. Wish I'd got the photographers name but it's hard to concentrate with bored children in tow.View attachment 85234 View attachment 85235
Yours is great rizole . Brett Walker on Flickr does a lot like this.

Off the back of possibility_pictures's idea of painting with the healing brush on the snapseed TWAC thread I came up with this. It had an organicy mess feel to me so I went and pushed it further down in that direction. .View attachment 85234 View attachment 85235

I like this portrait. I notice some of Gilden's seem to catch (or edit?) the eyes just slightly skew-wif, giving the portrait that slightly manic edge. With all that tousled and grizzly and lopsided, yours could easily be a bit menacing/maniacal - but the direct 'eye contact' (for all its lopsided) has me reading the portrait as 'Mostly Harmless' :)

I's not pretty. OTOH, we went to a Manchester art gallery last weekend and some of the most interesting pics, I think, were portraits of faces you wouldn't normally take pics of. Wish I'd got the photographers name but it's hard to concentrate with bored children in tow.View attachment 85234 View attachment 85235
Amazing. I love this. :lol:

Yours is great rizole . Brett Walker on Flickr does a lot like this.
Those are interesting, thanks for the headsup.

....but the direct 'eye contact' (for all its lopsided) has me reading the portrait as 'Mostly Harmless' :)
I'll fix that in later iterations :sneaky:.
Looking at his Bruce's faces, he lights them in quite an unforgiving way, quite stark, which also gives them a bit of an edge too I think.

Those are interesting, thanks for the headsup.

I'll fix that in later iterations :sneaky:.
Looking at his Bruce's faces, he lights them in quite an unforgiving way, quite stark, which also gives them a bit of an edge too I think.
Yes, no soft focus to hide the warts and all, he celebrates those. Marvellous.

Would you believe this one?
451a1a51d04d574956ae5cfc555f1b31.jpg

No? Well this one for sure.
a65e1cb4f1117bea1192136eed7e353e.jpg

You really have to see this work to believe it. There is an oval marked on the screen. As long as you keep your face out of the oval nothing happens. As soon as your face gets into the "zone" the selected mask snaps into place and follows your every movement and facial expression. It was actually made to record video. The eyebrows, mouth , etc. all move exactly in sync with your own. It's a riot.

Last edited:

You really have to see this work to believe it. There is an oval marked on the screen. As long as you keep your face out of the oval nothing happens. As soon as your face gets into the "zone" the selected mask snaps into place and follows your every movement and facial expression. It was actually made to record video. The eyebrows, mouth , etc. all move exactly in sync with your own. It's a riot.

Wow!!! This is freaky cool!!

Something very Tony Curtis about these, especially the second one. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom