Mobi Members' self-portraits

20190918_220508.jpg

self abuse

We went to photograph the sunset this evening. That's Lund's Tower in the background, and Jade, who uses 'proper' cameras. :whistle:
View attachment 111351
Should you be morbidly interested, you can see scar tissue at my right temple. Considering I hit a bus with my head they did a good job of piecing me all back to gether without me ending up looking like the elephant man.
Must have been a bloody big bus to dare taking you on... Fantastic to see you recovered so well mate and no headaches either...

Must have been a bloody big bus to dare taking you on... Fantastic to see you recovered so well mate and no headaches either...
On Monday, on New Helicopter ER, on the Really channel (I think it might be 8pm) you can see the whole thing for yourself because our Rizole and his accident appears on the programme. Well, maybe not the whole thing (excluding the actual accident), but the air ambulance crew scooping him up.

Thank you. I'm a very lucky man and counting my blessings. :D
On Monday, on New Helicopter ER, on the Really channel (I think it might be 8pm) you can see the whole thing for yourself because our Rizole and his accident appears on the programme. Well, maybe not the whole thing (excluding the actual accident), but the air ambulance crew scooping him up.
Good opening for my latest fmri scan self portrait. I've added in a whatever tech they used to image it skull in the bottom right.
Turns out I do have a brain. Who knew?
20190913_143328-01.jpeg

I'm surprised by just how asymmetric my skull is.

Amazing image. Glad you're still among the walking and talking. Are the missing bits still missing, or grown back, or grafted?
Mostly. One of the things that really surprised me is I had (and maybe still do have) holes in my skull over 18 months after the accident. I didn't ask at the time but on reflection and from what I know about the healing process I'm assuming those holes are filled with cartilage and bone gets laid down much more slowly. A bit like how the sutures of the skull close in a growing child. Could take years yet for all I know.
I'm still missing full sensation in parts of my scalp (should come back because there's still some there) but it's unlikely the severed nerve feeding my eyebrow can repair itself as it hasn't already.

Last edited:

Good opening for my latest fmri scan self portrait. I've added in a whatever tech they used to image it skull in the bottom right.
View attachment 149951
Looks like a walnut. :lmao: Not just yours though - I always think skull x-rays make it look like a walnut.

View attachment 149951
Something reminiscent of plate tectonics.

The date for this has been confirmed as 2nd of December so a couple of months away yet. Stand down everyone, put your feet up. :feet:

The date for this has been confirmed as 2nd of December so a couple of months away yet. Stand down everyone, put your feet up. :feet:
Good to know, thank you. I’m still watching the series though. They’re amazing and it makes me really, really cross that it’s all funded by charitable donations. Really cross. Do you get how cross I am?:mad:

Back
Top Bottom