Mobi Members' self-portraits

Captain Jack Rizole
jack sparrow.jpg

Just watched the two clips again together - brilliant :notworthy:

Heathcliff on the moors, listening to Catherine: “ I've come home, I'm so cold . . .
Ooh, let me have it/Let me grab your soul away”. Heathcliff mad with love & grief . . .

Also Kate Bush met her match in fruitloop-ery:lmao:

Ok - slight caveat first. I'm the last person who should be posting selfies as its one thing I hate about social media, but thats a conversation for a different thread! So, having spent a few years photographing the inanimate and the natural, one thing i'm itching to try is portraiture. Having warned the family and received a blanket "bugger off with that camera!" I am a bit stuck for subjects, so having seen this thread I thought its as good a time as any to try my Iphones Portrait mode - on myself! So, here we go. The straight out of the camera, no filters applied shot and the Hipstamatic combo and magazine cover comedy shot! I blame the Cult of Rizole for the Nat Geo idea, having seen his gorgeous Rolling Stone covers!
MOI.jpg
nat geo.png

Ok - slight caveat first. I'm the last person who should be posting selfies as its one thing I hate about social media, but thats a conversation for a different thread! So, having spent a few years photographing the inanimate and the natural, one thing i'm itching to try is portraiture. Having warned the family and received a blanket "bugger off with that camera!" I am a bit stuck for subjects, so having seen this thread I thought its as good a time as any to try my Iphones Portrait mode - on myself! So, here we go. The straight out of the camera, no filters applied shot and the Hipstamatic combo and magazine cover comedy shot! I blame the Cult of Rizole for the Nat Geo idea, having seen his gorgeous Rolling Stone covers!View attachment 169270View attachment 169271
There is a big difference between 'selfie' and self-portrait.

Ok - slight caveat first. I'm the last person who should be posting selfies as its one thing I hate about social media, but thats a conversation for a different thread! So, having spent a few years photographing the inanimate and the natural, one thing i'm itching to try is portraiture. Having warned the family and received a blanket "bugger off with that camera!" I am a bit stuck for subjects, so having seen this thread I thought its as good a time as any to try my Iphones Portrait mode - on myself! So, here we go. The straight out of the camera, no filters applied shot and the Hipstamatic combo and magazine cover comedy shot! I blame the Cult of Rizole for the Nat Geo idea, having seen his gorgeous Rolling Stone covers!View attachment 169270View attachment 169271
Makes a great Nat Geo cover, regardless :thumbs:

I love the studio effect of Portrait Mode. I’ve never been brave enough to try it. But you look great Bill - very noble and thoughful.

I love the studio effect of Portrait Mode. I’ve never been brave enough to try it. But you look great Bill - very noble and thoughful.
Ahh thank you Jilly. Definitely thoughtful. The Portrait mode is quite amazing for such a small device, very clever. I was originally planning to try some portraits with an SLR and full lighting rig, but apart from the family all shying away from the idea, its so much hassle setting it all up when you can get this kind of effect with a black sheet and and iphone.

Ahh thank you Jilly. Definitely thoughtful. The Portrait mode is quite amazing for such a small device, very clever. I was originally planning to try some portraits with an SLR and full lighting rig, but apart from the family all shying away from the idea, its so much hassle setting it all up when you can get this kind of effect with a black sheet and and iphone.
Definitely no need for anything elaborate when the outcome is as good as this. :notworthy:

Very nice indeed!

Okay, you asked for it! Don’t blame me if you have nightmares!!:mobibabe:

0B945918-3D6E-49A2-8F26-7D9F63DF87B5.jpeg

Bluristic>N mode. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before, but I turned the camera around and, whilst a passenger, pressed the shutter. Scary eh?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom