MobiColour MobiColour #231: Photos with human beings in them - 11 October, 2020

Poitiers

78920435-A1BA-452A-B072-2360A6A48B74.jpeg

Bluristic

View attachment 161164
I’ve had to raid the archives as I’m not getting out there to capture people. Of course, this is the lovely Natalie (my hairdresser). I have seen her this week, but she was behind a mask!
iColorama (I think)
She’s a very beautiful woman and this edit adds a strangely (to me) beautiful paradox of ‘soft’ & ‘exotic’. Special.

About 24 hours, folks, if you have any last minute ‘Photos with Human Beings In Them’.

I’ve packed off our RoseCat with some sandwiches and a flask of tea in one of those red & white checked picnic hamster thingies so she can enjoy the last days of autumn watching the horses and her Tibetan flags and perhaps more importantly be available to receive the steady stream of cats & kittens who are traipsing from great distances across field and marsh to sit at her feet.

And in the meantime I’ll be opening and closing MC. The things we do for our our friends :rolleyes: :inlove: :)

This morning’s bread line
View attachment 161177
Our local bakery has the same sort of queue, but ours has a big window so that you can see when the person inside has got all of their purchases and is just gossiping with the lady who’s serving! I started growling, much to the amusement of the queue. There was a certain amount of barracking when I went into the bakery - and a certain amount when I came out two minutes later. Cheeky lot!

About 24 hours, folks, if you have any last minute ‘Photos with Human Beings In Them’.

I’ve packed off our RoseCat with some sandwiches and a flask of tea in one of those red & white checked picnic hamster thingies so she can enjoy the last days of autumn watching the horses and her Tibetan flags and perhaps more importantly be available to receive the steady stream of cats & kittens who are traipsing from great distances across field and marsh to sit at her feet.

And in the meantime I’ll be opening and closing MC. The things we do for our our friends :rolleyes: :inlove: :)
❤️❤️❤️

I went back and forth between my two favorites for a long time, and finally settled on JillyG ’s “Portrait of Natalie.” As Jen said, “ ’soft’ & ’exotic’ “. Its got a beautiful monochrome palette and the arresting, mesmerizing dark eye grabbing one’s attention. The cropping of her mouth imparts an air of mystery.
E325EB59-F206-4737-9B40-1DDE33C088DD.jpeg

In second is ImageArt ’s “Men at work.” It too has a wonderful palette. Love the blue slashes crossing the canvas. It looks like a time lapse clip of a man at his desk all day.
4A5CC7E6-20F7-425A-A61D-FACFD25B1A32.jpeg

Third goes to lkbside ‘s paddle boarder. A beautiful Hipstamatic edit of beautiful landscape highlighte by the solitary paddle boarder.
8172CA5F-A5F0-4A35-BB06-1F45C7E163E1.jpeg

HM to Starzee ’s portrait of the ?Amish ?Mennonite boy.
(picture not attached as I’ve reached my maximum of 3.)

I went back and forth between my two favorites for a long time, and finally settled on JillyG ’s “Portrait of Natalie.” As Jen said, “ ’soft’ & ’exotic’ “. Its got a beautiful monochrome palette and the arresting, mesmerizing dark eye grabbing one’s attention. The cropping of her mouth imparts an air of mystery.
View attachment 161213

In second is ImageArt ’s “Men at work.” It too has a wonderful palette. Love the blue slashes crossing the canvas. It looks like a time lapse clip of a man at his desk all day.
View attachment 161214

Third goes to lkbside ‘s paddle boarder. A beautiful Hipstamatic edit of beautiful landscape highlighte by the solitary paddle boarder.
View attachment 161215

Nice choice for winner David, well done Jilly. High fives to Ann and Leslie too.

View attachment 161213

View attachment 161214

View attachment 161215

Wow, thank you David. :notworthy: I’m delighted that you should have found something of mine that touched you amongst all of these marvellous images. Congratulations to ImageArt Ann and lkbside Leslie for second and third respectively. And to Starzee Star for her HM. I suppose it falls to me to choose theme or no theme. Well, let your images be unconstrained - I choose No Theme for the forthcoming challenge.

View attachment 161213

View attachment 161214

View attachment 161215

Great choice for the winner! That was my favorite, too! And thanks so much for the HM. The young man is Mennonite. He tromped through some pretty thick weeds with those bare feet. Congrats everyone!

View attachment 161213

View attachment 161214

View attachment 161215

Yes, a superb image, Jilly. And thanks for the second. We have Tudor style windows in front of the house with lead diamonds which is what caused the blue crosses. I don’t know why blue. Well done, Leslie and Star too.

Back
Top Bottom