MobiColour MobiColour #238 No Theme

27F4A9C0-02BA-4794-AF1C-D16AC280A51A.jpeg

Snowdrops are up
Native cam, Photos

View attachment 163796

Snowdrops are up
Native cam, Photos
I have mixed up memories of snowdrops and bluebells. I think bluebells are from childhood in England. And neither snowdrops nor bluebells are fragrant, right? But jonquils are, and to this day I can’t distinguish them from daffodils and narcissus.

And that there is the extent of my knowledge of bulb plants :)

I have mixed up memories of snowdrops and bluebells. I think bluebells are from childhood in England. And neither snowdrops nor bluebells are fragrant, right? But jonquils are, and to this day I can’t distinguish them from daffodils and narcissus.

And that there is the extent of my knowledge of bulb plants :)
Bluebells smell beautiful. Almost like a hyacinth, but not quite.There’s nothing like walking through a wood filled with bluebells. Can’t wait until that time of year again.

There’s nothing like walking through a wood filled with bluebells

I think bluebells are from childhood in England.
The bluebell displays in England are so good because they were one of the only bulbs to make it back to England after the glaciers retreated at the end of the last ice age. Very little competition for that niche and difficult for new species to get a root hold as bluebells are so dominant.

And neither snowdrops nor bluebells are fragrant, right?
The snowdrops aren't fragrant, no. (I think these are Leucojum rather than Galanthus, although both get called snowdrops here.) They're small white flowers on plants maybe a foot tall or less and are always the first things up out of the ground as a new year starts, followed by the daffodils and narcissus.

View attachment 163821

Will fly for peanuts
Native cam, Pixelmator Photo
After seeing Geek1956's mannequins, I couldn't walk past this one without a photo. I believe the outfit is made of peanut bags. And dig that purse!
I admit I’m a sucker for a mannequin, definitely an air hostess look about this one

Back
Top Bottom