MobiColour MobiColour #238 No Theme

It's been a while...

81E70054-7967-4EFE-8831-A4298A091D0D.jpeg

Native cam, Photos

View attachment 164033

Flow
Spectre (3 seconds), Photos

(I know, I'm the judge this time and probably shouldn't be posting, but somebody's got to keep this challenge on the front page or near it. Right?)

Judging doesn’t preclude posting. And as I’ve said before you should declare yourself winner only if that is clearly the ‘fairest and best’ decision.

Otherwise, why should we miss out on images like this?? Brilliant!

Initially my bushfire-weary* eye saw ‘brown vegetation’ and ‘wisp’ and thought ‘smoke’.

*Visible - ie I can see the billowing smoke - more days than not of the last 28. None have been life or home threatening to humans. But as usual with decent-sized bushfires, people see more snakes in their gardens, more roos get hit on the road. And other sad thoughts. (Like many local people, I’m getting a bit twitchy. Roll on first rains).

This round of MobiColour ranged from the reserved minimalism of rizole's "Transparent water," sinnerjohn's paleolithic "Looking for my mojo," and RoseCat's untitled stripes to the brash maximalism of Geek1956's "All the fun of the fair," sinnerjohn's "Portugal 19," and lkbside's "Yesterday morning at Taos."

First goes to RoseCat's stripes, with its red/green/blue additive primary colors on a lone pole in the middle of an empty, muted expanse, a beautiful capture.

4bcf2f22-7cf7-4ecf-aa2e-e429473714d8-jpeg.163844

Second goes to rizole's "Transparent water," not only because it's about as close to monochrome as you can get while still being in color but also because the pattern is fascinating when isolated like this, even though waterdrops on a car is something we see again and again and again.

20210112_121041-01-01-jpeg.163737

Third goes to lkbside's "Yesterday morning at Taos," which not only catches the red/yellow/blue subtractive primaries but also captures the sheer gorgeous brightness of a clear day in the snow.

35a2e62d-f9d7-45e8-91cf-5ae912bad2ab-jpeg.164035

Honorable mention to the versatile sinnerjohn, who bridged the gap from minimal to maximal with "Looking for my mojo" on one end and "Portugal 19" on the other (both of which made the short list).

Special mention for rizole's shoulder cat because I can't get my cat to do that.

Congrats RoseCat and lkbside and thanks for my placing.:notworthy:
Special mention for @rizole's shoulder cat because I can't get my cat to do that.
I can't get her not to do it. You sometimes have to physically take her off your self 4 or 5 times before she'll accept that you don't want her on you and then she's very grumpy that you don't want to be her heated cushion. Shes just done it again.
20210124_171806-01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom