MobiColour MobiColour #252 Theme: Abstract Reimagined

So. I remember reading somewhere an explanation of abstract art for children. It went, paraphrased, something like this:

Abstract art is modern art that doesn't represent our everyday world. It has color, lines and shapes that are not intended to represent objects or living things. Abstract art is often found in painting and in sculpture.

I believe a lot of people, have found that nature is pretty adept at abstract, 'cos artists know where to look. This challenge is proof of that. The submissions are wonderful and I have enjoyed looking at them and organizing them into, well, something I could relate to for purposes of this exercise.

Third place choice goes to Wotanicus for "Multitudinous Seas Incarnadrine". In my minds eye I can well appreciate the Navigators who used Melange from Arrakis to navigate space. I'm sure they would appreciate the title too.

Second place goes to Deepop for "Snapseed". I'm sure this is more a process than a title ;) Still, this image threw me for a moment. It looks like the prow of a ship, but on tile? Or the flair of bell bottoms covering the shoe. No matter it is a wonderful, simple, abstract image for me

First place goes to Sinnerjohn with "Light" Staring at this there are so many different lines and textures and waves. If you enlarge it to cover the whole screen and rotate your head slowly while you look at it you will look silly, (I've just been told).

Every one else gets an honorable mention. Art is wonderful to look at and there is no shortage of wonderful art on Mobitog!
Thank you and goodnight ;)

dscheff are you sure? I'm gobsmacked, truthfully and yeah I deserve that comment rizole :D
Thank you Jeffrey, that's made my day :thumbs:
High fives to WOTANICUS and deepop and everyone else's images that I thought were better than mine :notworthy:

(wait till zenjenny hears I've won another abstract'ish challenge :lmao:)
Yep. I got a similar effect without the Melange ;)

So. I remember reading somewhere an explanation of abstract art for children. It went, paraphrased, something like this:

Abstract art is modern art that doesn't represent our everyday world. It has color, lines and shapes that are not intended to represent objects or living things. Abstract art is often found in painting and in sculpture.

I believe a lot of people, have found that nature is pretty adept at abstract, 'cos artists know where to look. This challenge is proof of that. The submissions are wonderful and I have enjoyed looking at them and organizing them into, well, something I could relate to for purposes of this exercise.

Third place choice goes to Wotanicus for "Multitudinous Seas Incarnadrine". In my minds eye I can well appreciate the Navigators who used Melange from Arrakis to navigate space. I'm sure they would appreciate the title too.

Second place goes to Deepop for "Snapseed". I'm sure this is more a process than a title ;) Still, this image threw me for a moment. It looks like the prow of a ship, but on tile? Or the flair of bell bottoms covering the shoe. No matter it is a wonderful, simple, abstract image for me

First place goes to Sinnerjohn with "Light" Staring at this there are so many different lines and textures and waves. If you enlarge it to cover the whole screen and rotate your head slowly while you look at it you will look silly, (I've just been told).

Every one else gets an honorable mention. Art is wonderful to look at and there is no shortage of wonderful art on Mobitog!
Well done John, David and Bill. Great pieces.

:lol:Well done sinnerjohn John!! I’m saying nothing more than that.:rolleyes: Fist bumps to deepop David and WOTANICUS Bill. Lovely work from everyone.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom