MobiColour MobiColour #253 Theme NEGATIVE SPACE

37D71894-BE32-4A3E-8309-6B74FAD9F2B0.jpeg
Hipstamatic classic

He mentioned in the IOTM thread he was going “off the grid” for a few days.
Saw that - said he’d be back to wind up IOTM . . . So, by my time zone . . . and the phase of the moon . . . I reckon i’d have at least twelve hours before he started tapping his watch (and/or foot)

So Negative space open for a period not exceeding 24 hours from now :thumbs: :thumbs: :mobibabe:

Ok back from my adventure up a Welsh mountain (well the foothills of Cader Idris anyway).

To sum up, I'm awarding on my idea of what negative space is, in regard to photography, which may be correct or just my view.
Some of the images absolutely nailed it and some didn't, for this subject anyway as all the images were of a high standard as ever.

My idea of negative space is that a large area of the image has absolutely nothing in it, either black or coloured but definitely no texture whatsoever.
So for instance I loved ImageArt Ann's 'One step for mankind image' but the imprint of the foot, the beach, the wet edge of the water all have some texture and make the image interesting to look at as a whole.

Anyways, the Gold is taken by JillyG who really nailed this theme for me with 'Floating' the negative space, in this case black really highlighting the flower.
A164EEBB-8B57-4265-BF15-7F387D8246C0.jpeg

Jilly's other images were all outstanding and it will be interesting to see how the Peace Lily (I think) does in this months IOTM.

Silver goes jointly to ImageArt and deepop , who's images were very similar so I just couldn't decide....
9CC3233C-429C-4BB4-89AF-FE48554ABD20.jpeg

21654B79-488D-4EA3-8F52-E11DCAB54C79.jpeg

Bronze goes to rizole who's cat image is as ever irresistible.
IMG_20210830_145648-01.jpeg

HM's to lkbside and Geek1956
37D71894-BE32-4A3E-8309-6B74FAD9F2B0.jpegAE5E7FD8-EE02-45AA-BEBF-F2C82E315EA1.jpeg

Over to you JillyG :)

Last edited:
Ok back from my adventure up a Welsh mountain (well the foothills of Cader Idris anyway).

To sum up, I'm awarding on my idea of what negative space is, in regard to photography, which may be correct or just my view.
Some of the images absolutely nailed it and some didn't, for this subject anyway as all the images were of a high standard as ever.

My idea of negative space is that a large area of the image has absolutely nothing in it, either black or coloured but definitely no texture whatsoever.
So for instance I loved ImageArt Ann's 'One step for mankind image' but the imprint of the foot, the beach, the wet edge of the water all have some texture and make the image interesting to look at as a whole.

Anyways, the Gold is taken by JillyG who really nailed this theme for me with 'Floating' the negative space, in this case black really highlighting the flower.
View attachment 170783

Jilly's other images were all outstanding and it will be interesting to see how the Peace Lily (I think) does in this months IOTM.

Silver goes jointly to ImageArt and deepop , who's images were very similar so I just couldn't decide....
View attachment 170784

View attachment 170785
Congratulations to JillyG for a fantastic capture and to the runner ups. Thanks also for my HM

View attachment 170783

View attachment 170784

View attachment 170785
Well done, Jilly. And thanks, John for my silver, In great company with David.

Well done again Jilly! Have to say the rose image does fit the brief perfectly, with the rose neatly and subtly anchored in space by the ghostly leaf. Great artwork all round, I am going to have to raise my game considerably, or ill end up in negative space too!:thumbs:

Hurrah JillyG! A rose amongst thorns indeed.
Props to the rest of us and thanks for my bronze. I'd like to say that Pebbles is very happy with being irresistable but she's largely indifferent to what goes on on mobitog.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 44

View attachment 170783

View attachment 170784

View attachment 170785
Wow, how thrilling. Thank you John.:notworthy: Well done ImageArt Ann and deepop David. There were so many wonderful images in this challenge.

Well done again Jilly! Have to say the rose image does fit the brief perfectly, with the rose neatly and subtly anchored in space by the ghostly leaf. Great artwork all round, I am going to have to raise my game considerably, or ill end up in negative space too!:thumbs:
I’m glad you mentioned the leaf because, somehow, it was quite important to me to leave it in. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom