• MobiTog 365 & 52 - ROLL UP, ROLL UP - MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2022 is now OPEN for Volunteers! > Remember - YOU CAN SIGN-UP any time that suits you to start - it does not HAVE to be at year beginning/end... :) < GoGoGo CLICK HERE JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • Your MobiStaff & MobiAdmin wish all our MobiMembers everywhere A HAPPY, HEALTHY & SUCCESSFUL PHOTOGRAPHY FILLED 2022!... x x
  • > PLEASE STAY VIRUS & OMICRON SAFE! MobiMembers - Beware Covid Omicron! PLEASE continue to stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Be kind to others. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all your MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT MobiColour 261 Theme TWO

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
I imagine it's to move the birds are dinos idea more into the mainstream conciousness sorta thing but it makes me wonder if I'm missing domething more fundamental about classification and birds should be as dinosaurs in the same way humans and the Libraian are primates but not monkeys.
It’s probably a starling

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
BE9F0EB1-7A42-4026-AD44-28985BE6B7EB.jpeg

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I imagine it's to move the birds are dinos idea more into the mainstream conciousness sorta thing but it makes me wonder if I'm missing domething more fundamental about classification and birds should be as dinosaurs in the same way humans and the Libraian are primates but not monkeys.
I fell into this rabbit hole for a while, and it seems there is a reclassification going on, with the avian dinos being separated out from the non-avian because a) they survived the dino extinction and b) they were (likely) warm-blooded vs. cold-blooded. "Avian dinos" makes sense to avoid suggesting they are modern birds, so "non-avian" represents all the rest, but it's still awkward. An oddity: the avian dinos were theropods, same group as T Rex.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This has been bugging me for some time now and mobitog is probably the wrong forum to get answers for my issues but here I go anyway...
There's been a trope in natural history circles to start referring to dinosaurs as non-avian dinosaurs, which suggests birds are dinosaurs. Now I agree birds decended from dinosaurs but following that logic, a trout is a non-amphibian fish, zenjenny is a non-English Austrailian and the libraian from Unseen University is a non-monkey orangutan.
Makes me mad. Almost as unforgivable as bad parking. :mad:

Ah, that's one I haven't run across before. I must be hanging out in the wrong places. So it's more or less the same error as saying humans are descended from chimpanzees. And it's an awkward kind of phrasing, not something likely to appear accidentally. I wonder it's supposed to accomplish?

It’s probably a starling

I fell into this rabbit hole for a while, and it seems there is a reclassification going on, with the avian dinos being separated out from the non-avian because a) they survived the dino extinction and b) they were (likely) warm-blooded vs. cold-blooded. "Avian dinos" makes sense to avoid suggesting they are modern birds, so "non-avian" represents all the rest, but it's still awkward. An oddity: the avian dinos were theropods, same group as T Rex.
Yeah….what they said……just don’t park next to me. It’s not my fault.

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
Right - quite an easy one for me here, for a number of reasons. Firstly, thanks to everyone for the quality response to the challenge, excellent work and diversity as ever!
So with further ado etc - in First Place:
5EA88870-C358-4064-ABA5-4FA69C15D608.png

Sdimbour with Circles
Straight out of the gate, the image nails the brief; two lovely circle shapes. Great composition, use of space and leading tje eye, finishing with a frisson of movement from the girls.

Second Place
3F23FB6B-38B5-4D61-95B4-B2B7C9B53CD3.png

Zenjenny with her gorgeous napping hound complete with friend. I'm always a sucker for a dog and this charming shot answers the call for duality and mirroring. Fab

Third Place
B036A48B-FD42-4F0A-8448-CB9C62BAAC94.png

Imageart with her delightful reflective piece. The subject seemingly oblivious to the shooter and an almost symmetrical comp, offset by the different backgrounds and subtle panel lines. Great colour too!
HMs to Rizoles Blind Justice and concrete Lego (let down by having four pieces), Sinnerjohns birds and Imagearts Zebras!
So congrats everyone and its over to Sdimbour!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Right - quite an easy one for me here, for a number of reasons. Firstly, thanks to everyone for the quality response to the challenge, excellent work and diversity as ever!
Thank you, Bill. Congrats sdimbour Sandra, me & Djanga, ImageArt Ann, rizole and sinnerjohn John.

#262 is here - awaiting Sandra’s choice for theme :)

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Good choices, Bill. Congrats to Sandra (not just the Queen of b/w any more) and to Jen and Ann as well :notworthy::cool:

sdimbour

IOTM Winner - December 2020
Reaction score
Real Name
Sandra DIMBOUR
Device
iPhone Xs
View attachment 174864
Sdimbour with Circles
Straight out of the gate, the image nails the brief; two lovely circle shapes. Great composition, use of space and leading tje eye, finishing with a frisson of movement from the girls.

Second Place
View attachment 174865
Zenjenny with her gorgeous napping hound complete with friend. I'm always a sucker for a dog and this charming shot answers the call for duality and mirroring. Fab

Third Place
View attachment 174866
Imageart with her delightful reflective piece. The subject seemingly oblivious to the shooter and an almost symmetrical comp, offset by the different backgrounds and subtle panel lines. Great colour too!
HMs to Rizoles Blind Justice and concrete Lego (let down by having four pieces), Sinnerjohns birds and Imagearts Zebras!
Waowww !!! Thanks WOTANICUS :blush: So proud. And congrats zenjenny and ImageArt for your great images.
I now have to think about a new theme!!!

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 174864
Sdimbour with Circles

Second Place
View attachment 174865

Third Place
View attachment 174866
Well done, Sandra. Cool shot, Jen.

Thanks for third!

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 174864
Sdimbour with Circles

Second Place
View attachment 174865

Third Place
View attachment 174866
Congratulations sdimbour Sandra - that’s just one of many great images from you. Well done zenjenny Jen and ImageArt Ann - two fabulous twos.:lol: Great work from the HMs too.:thumbs: