MobiColour MobiColour 261 Theme TWO

One from the archive, just to keep my hand in. Samsung S6.
Blind Justice.
20170325_133612-02.jpeg

Had to pull some images out of my old stash. These were from Zimbabwe.
Yeah, I figured they weren‘t local. I really like seeing the exotic animals we catch a glimpse of when someone is traveling. Actually those kangaroos that show up once in a while are still exotic to me!

They look so prehistoric…

Don't they? Like pterodactyl cousins or something.
This has been bugging me for some time now and mobitog is probably the wrong forum to get answers for my issues but here I go anyway...
There's been a trope in natural history circles to start referring to dinosaurs as non-avian dinosaurs, which suggests birds are dinosaurs. Now I agree birds decended from dinosaurs but following that logic, a trout is a non-amphibian fish, zenjenny is a non-English Austrailian and the libraian from Unseen University is a non-monkey orangutan.
Makes me mad. Almost as unforgivable as bad parking. :mad:

This has been bugging me for some time now and mobitog is probably the wrong forum to get answers for my issues but here I go anyway...
There's been a trope in natural history circles to start referring to dinosaurs as non-avian dinosaurs, which suggests birds are dinosaurs. Now I agree birds decended from dinosaurs but following that logic, a trout is a non-amphibian fish, zenjenny is a non-English Austrailian and the libraian from Unseen University is a non-monkey orangutan.
Makes me mad. Almost as unforgivable as bad parking. :mad:
Ah, that's one I haven't run across before. I must be hanging out in the wrong places. So it's more or less the same error as saying humans are descended from chimpanzees. And it's an awkward kind of phrasing, not something likely to appear accidentally. I wonder it's supposed to accomplish?

Ah, that's one I haven't run across before. I must be hanging out in the wrong places. So it's more or less the same error as saying humans are descended from chimpanzees. And it's an awkward kind of phrasing, not something likely to appear accidentally. I wonder it's supposed to accomplish?
I imagine it's to move the birds are dinos idea more into the mainstream conciousness sorta thing but it makes me wonder if I'm missing domething more fundamental about classification and birds should be as dinosaurs in the same way humans and the Libraian are primates but not monkeys.

Back
Top Bottom