MobiColour MobiColour 261 Theme TWO

I imagine it's to move the birds are dinos idea more into the mainstream conciousness sorta thing but it makes me wonder if I'm missing domething more fundamental about classification and birds should be as dinosaurs in the same way humans and the Libraian are primates but not monkeys.
It’s probably a starling

BE9F0EB1-7A42-4026-AD44-28985BE6B7EB.jpeg

I imagine it's to move the birds are dinos idea more into the mainstream conciousness sorta thing but it makes me wonder if I'm missing domething more fundamental about classification and birds should be as dinosaurs in the same way humans and the Libraian are primates but not monkeys.
I fell into this rabbit hole for a while, and it seems there is a reclassification going on, with the avian dinos being separated out from the non-avian because a) they survived the dino extinction and b) they were (likely) warm-blooded vs. cold-blooded. "Avian dinos" makes sense to avoid suggesting they are modern birds, so "non-avian" represents all the rest, but it's still awkward. An oddity: the avian dinos were theropods, same group as T Rex.

This has been bugging me for some time now and mobitog is probably the wrong forum to get answers for my issues but here I go anyway...
There's been a trope in natural history circles to start referring to dinosaurs as non-avian dinosaurs, which suggests birds are dinosaurs. Now I agree birds decended from dinosaurs but following that logic, a trout is a non-amphibian fish, zenjenny is a non-English Austrailian and the libraian from Unseen University is a non-monkey orangutan.
Makes me mad. Almost as unforgivable as bad parking. :mad:

Ah, that's one I haven't run across before. I must be hanging out in the wrong places. So it's more or less the same error as saying humans are descended from chimpanzees. And it's an awkward kind of phrasing, not something likely to appear accidentally. I wonder it's supposed to accomplish?

It’s probably a starling

I fell into this rabbit hole for a while, and it seems there is a reclassification going on, with the avian dinos being separated out from the non-avian because a) they survived the dino extinction and b) they were (likely) warm-blooded vs. cold-blooded. "Avian dinos" makes sense to avoid suggesting they are modern birds, so "non-avian" represents all the rest, but it's still awkward. An oddity: the avian dinos were theropods, same group as T Rex.
Yeah….what they said……just don’t park next to me. It’s not my fault.

Right - quite an easy one for me here, for a number of reasons. Firstly, thanks to everyone for the quality response to the challenge, excellent work and diversity as ever!
So with further ado etc - in First Place:
5EA88870-C358-4064-ABA5-4FA69C15D608.png

Sdimbour with Circles
Straight out of the gate, the image nails the brief; two lovely circle shapes. Great composition, use of space and leading tje eye, finishing with a frisson of movement from the girls.

Second Place
3F23FB6B-38B5-4D61-95B4-B2B7C9B53CD3.png

Zenjenny with her gorgeous napping hound complete with friend. I'm always a sucker for a dog and this charming shot answers the call for duality and mirroring. Fab

Third Place
B036A48B-FD42-4F0A-8448-CB9C62BAAC94.png

Imageart with her delightful reflective piece. The subject seemingly oblivious to the shooter and an almost symmetrical comp, offset by the different backgrounds and subtle panel lines. Great colour too!
HMs to Rizoles Blind Justice and concrete Lego (let down by having four pieces), Sinnerjohns birds and Imagearts Zebras!
So congrats everyone and its over to Sdimbour!

Right - quite an easy one for me here, for a number of reasons. Firstly, thanks to everyone for the quality response to the challenge, excellent work and diversity as ever!
Thank you, Bill. Congrats sdimbour Sandra, me & Djanga, ImageArt Ann, rizole and sinnerjohn John.

#262 is here - awaiting Sandra’s choice for theme :)

View attachment 174864
Sdimbour with Circles
Straight out of the gate, the image nails the brief; two lovely circle shapes. Great composition, use of space and leading tje eye, finishing with a frisson of movement from the girls.

Second Place
View attachment 174865
Zenjenny with her gorgeous napping hound complete with friend. I'm always a sucker for a dog and this charming shot answers the call for duality and mirroring. Fab

Third Place
View attachment 174866
Imageart with her delightful reflective piece. The subject seemingly oblivious to the shooter and an almost symmetrical comp, offset by the different backgrounds and subtle panel lines. Great colour too!
HMs to Rizoles Blind Justice and concrete Lego (let down by having four pieces), Sinnerjohns birds and Imagearts Zebras!
Waowww !!! Thanks WOTANICUS :blush: So proud. And congrats zenjenny and ImageArt for your great images.
I now have to think about a new theme!!!

View attachment 174864
Sdimbour with Circles

Second Place
View attachment 174865

Third Place
View attachment 174866
Well done, Sandra. Cool shot, Jen.

Thanks for third!

View attachment 174864
Sdimbour with Circles

Second Place
View attachment 174865

Third Place
View attachment 174866
Congratulations sdimbour Sandra - that’s just one of many great images from you. Well done zenjenny Jen and ImageArt Ann - two fabulous twos.:lol: Great work from the HMs too.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom