• Mobile photography colour images
  • Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
  • Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
  • Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Judge: sdimbour Sandra

Theme: L i f e s t y l e

Last edited:
The theme for this challenge is « lifestyle »
Can you define this Sandra please? When I look up 'Lifestyle photography' I get beautiful people doing beautiful things in beautiful homes in beautiful locations. To me it seems lifestyle is everything but my life!! Not a criticism of the theme at all, its something we've never had, just a clarification :)

example - https://www.wix.com/blog/photograph...uP3VCP8YEZHQzxYiX14gtuNTNFBMfnVUaAsz8EALw_wcB

If this is a good example Geek1956 should breeze this one :lol:

:lmao: wish someone would let me in on the secret !!
What ever in life dictates the style it's lived in.
Lifestyle examples that illustrate what I think it means:
Hippy, mod, biker, metal, goth, emo, activist, slob, influencer, wall streeter, working class, celebrity, glamour, park life, street life, raver, wage slave, adventurer, adrenaline junkie, beach bum, tourist.
Does that help?

Can you define this Sandra please? When I look up 'Lifestyle photography' I get beautiful people doing beautiful things in beautiful homes in beautiful locations. To me it seems lifestyle is everything but my life!! Not a criticism of the theme at all, its something we've never had, just a clarification :)

example - https://www.wix.com/blog/photograph...uP3VCP8YEZHQzxYiX14gtuNTNFBMfnVUaAsz8EALw_wcB

I think rizole got it, but if you think "people and places" you won't be far off. Maybe easier to do if you're traveling, but when I was a social science undergrad, profs liked to give an assignment called "The anthropologist from Mars" as a way to make us aware of the "styles" and rituals we're part of every day.

Hippy, mod, biker, metal, goth, emo, activist, slob, influencer, wall streeter, working class, celebrity, glamour, park life, street life, raver, wage slave, adventurer, adrenaline junkie, beach bum, tourist.
Does that help?
Hmmm not sure the internet pictures 'Lifestyle' in that way, but your definition suggests humans?

Does that help?

I think rizole got it, but if you think "people and places" you won't be far off. Maybe easier to do if you're traveling, but when I was a social science undergrad, profs liked to give an assignment called "The anthropologist from Mars" as a way to make us aware of the "styles" and rituals we're part of every day.

Hmmm not sure the internet pictures 'Lifestyle' in that way, but your definition suggests humans?

Or places that imply humans -- e.g., a people-free beach shot of a beach towel, a surfboard stuck in the sand, and a boom box. Implies the humans and the lifestyle.

For further assistance, you might like to consult one of the UK‘s top 25 Lifestyle magazines

Mike, great colors and subject. Reminds me of my youth in Brooklyn where I’d eat chocolate donuts and sip egg creams at the luncheonette on my street.
You grew up in Brooklyn? Awesome. :inlove: I lived on the east coast for 32 years and consider it home. Started in Chelsea (18th bet 6th/7th), then moved to Brooklyn (Midwood - E. 15th & Ave O), then Jersey (Jersey City, Weehawken, Edgewater, East Windsor). I moved to the west coast (WA state) Sept 2019 to realize my dream of living in a tiny house on wheels, and I loooove my house, but really miss the east coast.

Back
Top Bottom