• MobiTog 365 & 52 - ROLL UP, ROLL UP - MobiTog's Project 365 & 52 for 2022 is now OPEN for Volunteers! > Remember - YOU CAN SIGN-UP any time that suits you to start - it does not HAVE to be at year beginning/end... :) < GoGoGo CLICK HERE JOIN the Mobi365 (& Mobi52 in same Section)... :)
  • Your MobiStaff & MobiAdmin wish all our MobiMembers everywhere A HAPPY, HEALTHY & SUCCESSFUL PHOTOGRAPHY FILLED 2022!... x x
  • > PLEASE STAY VIRUS & OMICRON SAFE! MobiMembers - Beware Covid Omicron! PLEASE continue to stay safe, look after yourselves, your loved ones & others. Be kind to others. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all your MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT MobiColour #263 10/01 - 17/01/22 Theme Eggleston - From Mundane to Marvellous

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Welcome to MCC #263
1642079560761.png

Winner MCC Challlenge #262 Mike in VT

MCC Rules:
  • Mobile photography colour images
  • Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
  • Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
  • Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Judge: Mike in VT

Theme: Eggleston - From Mundane to Marvelous

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike in VT

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Mike in VT
Device
iPhone 7
The theme will be "Eggleston - From Mundane to Marvelous". Based on the work of William Eggleston, known for his work with color film. If you are unfamiliar with him, now is a great time to become familiar with his work.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
From Wiki.

Eggleston's mature work is characterized by its ordinary subject matter. An Eggleston photograph might include "old tires, Dr. Pepper machines, discarded air-conditioners, vending machines, empty and dirty Coca-Cola bottles, torn posters, power poles and power wires, street barricades, one-way signs, detour signs, No Parking signs, parking meters, and palm trees crowding the same curb."

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The theme will be "Eggleston - From Mundane to Marvelous". Based on the work of William Eggleston, known for his work with color film. If you are unfamiliar with him, now is a great time to become familiar with his work.
I just looked up some of his stuff. I like it. This should be fun.

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
From Wiki.

Eggleston's mature work is characterized by its ordinary subject matter. An Eggleston photograph might include "old tires, Dr. Pepper machines, discarded air-conditioners, vending machines, empty and dirty Coca-Cola bottles, torn posters, power poles and power wires, street barricades, one-way signs, detour signs, No Parking signs, parking meters, and palm trees crowding the same curb."
Also:

"The snapshot aesthetic provided Eggleston with the appropriate format for creating anecdotal pictures about everyday life. Its association with family photographs, amateur photography, as well as Kodak's Brownie camera (which was useable by everyone) lent his work the proper proportions and personal attitude toward the impersonal everyday"

and

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
“Photography just gets us out of the house.” – William Eggelston
“I am at war with the obvious.” – William Eggelston
“There is no particular reason to search for meaning.” – William Eggelston
” I don’t have favorites. I look at pictures democratically. To me they are all equal. ” – William Eggelston
“Whether a photo or music, or a drawing or anything else I might do—it’s ultimately all an abstraction of my peculiar experience.” – William Eggelston

I found the quotes here.
I love this guy! Thanks Mike in VT

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Huh....I think my description was easier to fathom :lol: Oh and American cars, where the heck do I find those in middle England!!
Funny thing, I spotted a pick of what sure looked like my Mom's Galaxy 500 olive green convertible. What a great ride!!

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
search his name on YouTube sometime. He's a very peculiar guy. Fascinating to watch with a camera at the same time.
His use of colour is amazing, I love those tones.

The BBC Imagine documentary that's on YouTube is well worth a watch if you've never seen it. As Mike in VT says, Eggleston is a fascinating character.

Last edited:

Mike in VT

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Mike in VT
Device
iPhone 7
View attachment 175254
No idea what I should be posting really. Someone, anyone, do say if you do/don’t think it fits the brief. I won’t be offended.
RNI Films
this sure does fit. Look at Eggleston in two ways... he celebrated the everyday things we take for granted. also, in a way, he was also an anthropologist (metaphorically) and his work will be studied 2 centuries from now.