MobiColour MobiColour #263 10/01 - 17/01/22 Theme Eggleston - From Mundane to Marvellous

Very Eggleston indeed. Do you see many of these cars still? Someone told me everyone in the US now drives Toyota's!!
The two car photos were taken at a car rally we happened to be walking by. I assume that the UK never had the pleasure of seeing these behemoths roam the streets.

Last edited:
No nothing like, well we did had have Ford's Zephyr Zodiac but even that was scaled back compared to the US behemoths.
9CF12E5F-B3A9-41E8-9D58-62A5A864DDED.jpeg

Cute. I particularly like the rear mirrors, one on each front fender. They look very functional.

Okay...where to begin judging this one. So I initially started narrowing these down based on gut instinct, then viewed them more technically. I am not going to award honorable mentions, because there are far too many to name and it would just seem like I was handing out participation ribbons at that point. You ALL nailed this category. I can't tell you how many times I kept going back and forth. Anyway, let's get on with it...

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
1642512931151.png

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
1642513009289.png

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
1642513055233.png

The reason I went with these three is the use (or selection) of color, as Eggleston used quite a bit of Kodachrome during his days. In other words, what would have looked great on slide film. I went with sinnerjohn's as first place, as a laundromat is pretty universal in many countries.

Congrats to all who participated. I loved seeing these as they were posted.

Okay...where to begin judging this one. So I initially started narrowing these down based on gut instinct, then viewed them more technically. I am not going to award honorable mentions, because there are far too many to name and it would just seem like I was handing out participation ribbons at that point. You ALL nailed this category. I can't tell you how many times I kept going back and forth. Anyway, let's get on with it...

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
View attachment 175568

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
View attachment 175569

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
View attachment 175570

The reason I went with these three is the use (or selection) of color, as Eggleston used quite a bit of Kodachrome during his days. In other words, what would have looked great on slide film. I went with sinnerjohn's as first place, as a laundromat is pretty universal in many countries.

I am soooooo glad YOU had to judge this, my head would have exploded! (I probably would have picked the same winner, though! Nice work, everyone!

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
View attachment 175568

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
View attachment 175569

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
View attachment 175570

Eight pages of fantastic images and you picked mine. I'm well chuffed :) thank you.
I was definitely looking out for Kodachrome alike images as I'm an Eggleston admirer myself.
Well done Ted and Leslie :thumbs: and indeed ALL that made what turned out to be a very popular challenge, thank you Mike in VT for that.

I like the idea of trying to emulate famous photographers, I think we did try a Martin Parr week once. So maybe an idea for future themes :thumbs:

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
View attachment 175568

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
View attachment 175569

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
View attachment 175570

Great first choice, Mike. I think John's image nailed absolutely everything about this theme. :thumbs: Congrats to Leslie and me, too:D

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
View attachment 175568

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
View attachment 175569

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
View attachment 175570

Fab choices. Well done all. Great pic, John. A classic - didn’t I say you nailed it. :mobibabe:

Well done, Mike, a tough one to judge!

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
View attachment 175568

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
View attachment 175569

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
View attachment 175570

Congratulations sinnerjohn John - that was a winner all day long. The only thing missing was Dot Cotton :lmao:. Great work from everyone - I can’t remember the last time we had so many entries into the MCC, even on a no theme week. Incredible.

THIRD place-

lkbside
post #64
View attachment 175568

SECOND place-

terse
post #34
View attachment 175569

FIRST place (WINNER)-

sinnerjohn
post #30
View attachment 175570

Great choices! Congrats sinnerjohn John! I love that image. High fives to terse Ted and lkbside Leslie - well deserved!

Back
Top Bottom