MobiColour MobiColour #263 10/01 - 17/01/22 Theme Eggleston - From Mundane to Marvellous

This is an incredible theme!!!
I can’t remember how it was processed, but the info says it was my iPhone 6.
56E6A1C5-CC83-41A1-85A2-AB084814662E.jpeg

It's a good theme yes. Someone said about Eggleston 'he photographs nothing but make's it interesting'.
Sadly, Ansel Adams and another member of the F64 group wasn't thrilled with Eggleston's work (and I'm sure many others were like that too). I think his work is the type that's not truly appreciated until years later, by those who become nostalgic for what used to be.

When it comes to keeping John happy, my toes are expendable.

As far as spelling is concerned, however, this is an Australia-based thread, so it’s ColOUr and marveLLous. Anzacs are biscuits and it’s Monday before you go to bed on Sunday.
Yeah… that whole spelling thing, all those extraneous letters. Too much trouble for your average American. :rolleyes:

Sangre de Cristo Retreat Center - a peek into the kitchen - Hipsta
Rumored to house some disgraced priests, it abruptly closed in 2012 - a friend of a friend looked into buying the 600 acre property and took me for a rare tour. It was almost like they left in the middle of the night locking the doors behind them.

35C8476E-8001-4E46-9BD1-BB36F0BF8C64.jpeg

Sangre de Cristo Retreat Center - a peek into the kitchen - Hipsta
Rumored to house some disgraced priests, it abruptly closed in 2012 - a friend of a friend looked into buying the 600 acre property and took me for a rare tour. It was almost like they left in the middle of the night locking the doors behind them.

View attachment 175314
What a find! And a rare opportunity. And I keep trying to turn the light switch into a face.

I haven’t watched the BBC doco John, but he did spend $300 on a series of Eggleston photo books. I thought he explained Eggleston quite.
He did an ok job, but if you watch the doc or even look at the books that are also on YouTube it kind of busts the myth that he largely photographed people free environments. He actually included people in a lot of his work. I should say includes as he's still alive.

Back
Top Bottom