MobiColour MobiColour #269 Theme Theme-less: Fill your boots

PXL_20220304_072257956.jpg

Records

You are not alone, I despise these silly whatever they are's. No one actually talks like that surely?
Didn’t you have a teenage idiom back in the day? Your kids?
Language is one of the ways developing humans learn their tribe, learn and express where they ‘belong’. Shared love/rejection of music, movies, movie stars, dress, hairstyle, etc etc creates and affirms group identity.

And our eyerolling is an equally important developmental stage: entry into the oldies category we mocked when we were wearing boob tubes, leather miniskirts and boots, sporting mohawks or mullets (I’m looking at you, sinnerjohn ), throwing our knickers at Mick Jagger, line_dancing (remember nightclubs in the early 90’s? Well before Billy Ray Cyrus and no Stetsons involved), driving Monaros or panel vans with stickers all over. Don’t Bogart [the joint]. Be there or be square. I don’t remember any more slang - everything I can think of started in the 60s and/or still extant. Must be all those Bogart-ed joints.

Not that any of this applies to me - I was in a Swiss finishing school at the time.

Didn’t you have a teenage idiom back in the day? Your kids?
Language is one of the ways developing humans learn their tribe, learn and express where they ‘belong’. Shared love/rejection of music, movies, movie stars, dress, hairstyle, etc etc creates and affirms group identity.

And our eyerolling is an equally important developmental stage: entry into the oldies category we mocked when we were wearing boob tubes, leather miniskirts and boots, sporting mohawks or mullets (I’m looking at you, sinnerjohn ), throwing our knickers at Mick Jagger, line_dancing (remember nightclubs in the early 90’s? Well before Billy Ray Cyrus and no Stetsons involved), driving Monaros or panel vans with stickers all over. Don’t Bogart [the joint]. Be there or be square. I don’t remember any more slang - everything I can think of started in the 60s and/or still extant. Must be all those Bogart-ed joints.

Not that any of this applies to me - I was in a Swiss finishing school at the time.
Whaddyamean? I’m still wearing boob tubes, leather miniskirts and boots!!:mobibabe:

Whaddyamean? I’m still wearing boob tubes, leather miniskirts and boots!!:mobibabe:
More power to you, Jilly :notworthy:
I still have a leather skirt but the hemline is just below the knee and the split is modestly doubled. I gave away my favourite stiletto ankle boots just last week :( because I hadn’t worn them in I don’t know how long. And now if I see a young woman in a boob tube I find myself thinking ‘aren’t you cold, dear?’

The kicker, though, is if you still throw your knickers at Mick Jagger

Back
Top Bottom