MobiColour MobiColour #269 Theme Theme-less: Fill your boots

I Know, Right?...A rhetorical response to an undeniable truth or in agreement. Associated with the airhead Valley Girl steroptype of the 80's/90's and which later widened out into texting and internet shorthand in the 00's.
Like, girlfriend you need to be all, like, totlally, excellent, awesome, bitchin', gag me with a spoon like! Right?
Call me!
Such an education I get here!!! I did miss most of the ‘80s as I was having and raising children. If it wasn’t Sesame Street, Mr Rogers or Power Ranger related it was lost. I do have a vague recollection of the 90’s, though.

I had a short list of 4 this week so I'll forego any HMs and jump to...

In joint 3rd this week are (drumroll)...
ImageArt with Diptic: Tammy during a Tummy Tickle. You have cute, you have movement, you have a portrait and a story and a happy, relaxed cat.

WOTANICUS with Palmistry. A nice, complex solid from an unusual perspective with good darks and lights. I said I'd forego HM's but fair play, whilst not actually posting B&W's to the colour thread, he's posted two pics where the colour in them could easily have been overlooked in the B&W thread to all but the most pedantic eagle-eyed.

In 2nd this week is deepop with Wonderwall. A nice splat of vegetative green on a white backgound with small amounts of black and red. Lovely rain smearing adding a nice stylization to the whole thing.

Our winner this week is terse with Sunlight.
6CE153E3-1DE1-4E31-A91C-7613F999337A.jpeg

This has so much to like in it. I love the overall designeriness, the solid grid of dark planks on a bed of moving, green water, the central ying yang of the two seals, you even managed to russle up a light and dark seal for it, that's forwrd planning. The splash of sunlight in the centre adds another layer of design and structure on top, modulating the whole pic to another level. And if you put all that aside for a moment, it's also a nice pic of a couple of seals having a cuddle. Nice work.

Thats grand, thank you. Terse Seals are really special, reminds me of an oil painting.
Ive enjoyed making images which sre borderline monochrome, as b/w seems to be my default setting. Silvertone is another fave, but very subtle. Congrats all!

ImageArt with Diptic: Tammy during a Tummy Tickle. You have cute, you have movement, you have a portrait and a story and a happy, relaxed cat.

WOTANICUS with Palmistry. A nice, complex solid from an unusual perspective with good darks and lights. I said I'd forego HM's but fair play, whilst not actually posting B&W's to the colour thread, he's posted two pics where the colour in them could easily have been overlooked in the B&W thread to all but the most pedantic eagle-eyed.

In 2nd this week is deepop with Wonderwall. A nice splat of vegetative green on a white backgound with small amounts of black and red. Lovely rain smearing adding a nice stylization to the whole thing.

View attachment 177666
This has so much to like in it. I love the overall designeriness, the solid grid of dark planks on a bed of moving, green water, the central ying yang of the two seals, you even managed to russle up a light and dark seal for it, that's forwrd planning. The splash of sunlight in the centre adds another layer of design and structure on top, modulating the whole pic to another level. And if you put all that aside for a moment, it's also a nice pic of a couple of seals having a cuddle. Nice work.
Thanks Riz Garbo. I'm honored. :notworthy: And congrats to deepop, WOTANICUS, and ImageArt for those fine pix. But :eek: now I have to come up with a theme...

Quick poll:
weekly or two weekly for MCC?

For me the days just fly by, I’ve barely noted the theme and it’s time to take it down.
What are others thinking ? Any preferences emerging?
I vote Bi-weekly.

View attachment 177666
Congrats Ted, no one can do seals like you............well no one can actually do seals.

Thanks Riz Garbo. I
How did Rizole change his user name anyway, thought it was impossible o_O

View attachment 177666
Wonderful photo, Ted!?IPPAward worthy. Thanks, GG, for the second. Congrats to Ann and Bill.

View attachment 177666
Excellent choices. Congrats to all!

View attachment 177666
terse Ted comes in with a blinder at the end. Well done Ted. I particularly love the sunlight and shadow that makes it look like an edit. Fabulous. High fives to ImageArt Ann, WOTANICUS Bill and deepop David for their places - well-deserved. And hey, The Great Garbanzo, you big fat chickpea, I saw that reference to pedants and the B&W Challenge:mobibabe: [points to her own eyes with two fingers and then points to Rizole with one finger].

The theme for MobiColour #270 is Doorways. Be literal or metaphorical (doors of perception, door to the future), as you wish. Plus analoques such as entrances and exits, either as nouns or verbs.
Goodness, it’s like you read my mind. As I was scrolling through my extensive image collection I found some doors and wished I had somewhere to put them.:lol:

View attachment 177666
Pretty awesome image, terse, couldn’t beat that with the great light. IPPA?

Thanks, Rizole, for third place. Well done WOTANICUS and deepop - fab images.

Back
Top Bottom