MobiColour MobiColour #281 Theme Gibble

A lovely assemblage indeed, a veritable heap of mixed bags, a stockpile of caches. a omnium-gatherum of gibbles. Well done all.

HM's have to start with terse's soldering drawer. Until recently I had that exact crocodile clip and magnifying combo stand dohicky in my gibble draw. Had it years, never found much of a use for it myself but didn't want to let it go in case. ImageArt's buttons is very reminiscent of my childhood and the symmetry in the key case strikes a chord. WOTANICUS's titles take some beating.
And for colour, lkbside's Having our house restuccoed and the blue tones in sinnerjohn's stuff and You'll never know when you'll need one are fab.

Our winners this week, in reverse, are:

3rd is Populuxe with Work Banch. This could have been entered in last weeks fake polaroid thread I think. Lovely feel of age, place and a snapshot of work having happened and to be done. I like the colours, tones and weight of the whole composition. Really nice.

2nd is lkbside with Not my garage. Have you ever seen anything as pristine as this? This is clearly the garage of someone to be reckoned with. The pic stands out for me for the clean sparseness, empty space and bold colour.

Our winner this week is WOTANICUS with Screw Loose.
View attachment 181148
There's probably a male bias here for me of course, I have my own gibble of screws, but you have the obvious nostalgia (which I think Bill is particularly good at ) of old packaging you just don't see in the shops and haven't for many years.
The subject is staged and curated and I love the lush textures, the greens, reds and browns. Scrumbly stuff. Nice work.
Thanks for the HM, Rizole. A really fun topic - loved it. Well done to all the winners. Great images all, Bill. Would hate to have had to clean out a house like yours when we moved to our two bedroom flat. :notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom