Winner MCC #281 WOTANICUS Bill “Screw Loose”
MCC Rules:
  • Mobile photography colour images
  • Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
  • Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
  • Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE

Judge: WOTANICUS Bill

Theme: Toys and Games

a lot of scope for creativity here, toy cars, board games, toy soldiers, dolls, puzzles, and even video games! get into those gibble drawers and get your old toys out!

Last edited:
Rosebud

49F202D0-F997-4160-A292-F6EC4B85BDE4.jpeg

Stackables and Snapseed

I found her in a box of photographs when we moved house. Had no idea I still had her from when I was 7 years old. Spent many happy days making clothes for her even though I was more of a lego fan.

Rosebud

View attachment 181177
Stackables and Snapseed

I found her in a box of photographs when we moved house. Had no idea I still had her from when I was 7 years old. Spent many happy days making clothes for her even though I was more of a lego fan.
Thats cool, Ann. I had a little red haired Troll when I was a kid too. I'm still a Lego fan now!

Thats cool, Ann. I had a little red haired Troll when I was a kid too. I'm still a Lego fan now!
It’s fascinating - I never noticed when I was a kid that they completely missed her one cheek when they added the rosy dot and that the size of her eyes are different. It would completely bug me now. Is that because I was a kid or is it because we now expect life to be more ordered and precise??

It’s fascinating - I never noticed when I was a kid that they completely missed her one cheek when they added the rosy dot and that the size of her eyes are different. It would completely bug me now. Is that because I was a kid or is it because we now expect life to be more ordered and precise??
A bit of each, I think. I think the disparity in the eyes might be intentional, the whole idea was to make the Trolls look 'ugly' but in a cute way. If you look at the original scandinavian Troll, they are absolutely butt ugly! Everything today is also scrupriously checked, measured and gauged to ensure it fits a particular spec - back then it was much more happy go lucky.

Rosebud

View attachment 181177
Stackables and Snapseed

OMG I used to love troll dolls!! I wish I’d kept mine… I don’t have any of my childhood toys any more.

Anyone for Chess?

6CDF9BAD-31EF-48FB-A04A-A560E8EF72AA.jpeg

This is my Dad’s chess set from when he was a prisoner-of-war in Italy. My DH was surprised at the condition of the pieces but it has pretty much been sequestered in a cupboard. The box is broken at the bottom though and much more weathered than the pieces. Dad taught me how to play when I was 12 but only the moves and not much strategy so I was unaware of the real complexity of the game. He died when I was 21.

Anyone for Chess?

View attachment 181192
This is my Dad’s chess set from when he was a prisoner-of-war in Italy. My DH was surprised at the condition of the pieces but it has pretty much been sequestered in a cupboard. The box is broken at the bottom though and much more weathered than the pieces. Dad taught me how to play when I was 12 but only the moves and not much strategy so I was unaware of the real complexity of the game. He died when I was 21.
Thats a perfect example. I'd love to be able to play chess, but my brain cant handle the mental gymnastics!

Back
Top Bottom