MobiColour MobiColour #282 Theme Toys and Games

And in this corner, wearing the pink ribbon…
145CAEAD-E214-40F7-B26F-F27AFEA20EF0.jpeg

Darkroom, Snapseed

This thread is blocked at work because it's got the word "games" in it. I've had to fire up the vpn. :rolleyes:
I thought you were going to say you had images to post and the GMT thing /early closure of the thread . . . And I was going to give you a permanent exemption from all time limits on all MobiTog challenges. Forever. (Ie time without end).

You take your good old Greenwich Mean Time, Bill.

Meantime, if ric alexander Ric wants to kick off the new thread with a selfie of his ‘sonic bubble blasting’ adventures, #283 is here
I wont get one suitable to that title by 4pm but ill do a selfie for my own thread. Theres only a few photos of me in existance, i hate it lol. Maybe ill see what i can come up with.

I thought you were going to say you had images to post and the GMT thing /early closure of the thread . . . And I was going to give you a permanent exemption from all time limits on all MobiTog challenges. Forever. (Ie time without end).
Maybe with a VPN I won't need an exemption. Next time I come across a recently closed thread I can fire up the VPN, re-connect to mobitog from a country in a time zone behind me so I can get to the thread before it's closed. Piece of cake. :D

Ok people - The results are in! Another great showing from all contributors, making it another difficult task, both for technical skill and creativity and also for the stories embedded in the imagery. Great work and pats on the back for all who entered.

But there can be only one - as the say in Highlander, so without further ado...

We Have : First Place: Imageart - Mums Teddy
13A647A3-ABA3-4EAD-BAF3-1E7183BF0967.jpeg

Aside from it being a beautifully framed and presented shot and having such a wonderfully plaintive expression on Ted's face (this one, not Terse), we also have a lovely backstory too. Well done Ann!

Second Place: Lkbside - Abacus for Sale
924451F5-155A-4B67-8354-ED6F07BF8DC3.jpeg

Whilst technically a calculator rather than a toy, I had one as a kid and loved counting with it. This image ticks all my vintage/distressed/mystical/gribble boxes and has a great edit, colour and texture. Almost pipped to the post by your Bungee Jumper, too. Well done leslie.

Third Place: Rosecat: Sock Monkey
AD51E43F-136E-4BC1-8E33-10A0095DCCD8.jpeg

A classically framed piece again, clean, no discernable edits, yet colourful and pleasing to the eye. Nicely set off by the yowling cat, nursery rhyme books and the piece of mystery mineral next to the monkey. Lovely. Congrats Cat!

HM's al round for Lego daleks, psychedelic rabbits, chess masters, games compediums and die cast cars. A great selection from everyone, thanks for entering!

Over to Ann!

Ok people - The results are in! Another great showing from all contributors, making it another difficult task, both for technical skill and creativity and also for the stories embedded in the imagery. Great work and pats on the back for all who entered.

View attachment 181436
Aside from it being a beautifully framed and presented shot and having such a wonderfully plaintive expression on Ted's face (this one, not Terse), we also have a lovely backstory too. Well done Ann!

View attachment 181437
Whilst technically a calculator rather than a toy, I had one as a kid and loved counting with it. This image ticks all my vintage/distressed/mystical/gribble boxes and has a great edit, colour and texture. Almost pipped to the post by your Bungee Jumper, too. Well done leslie.

View attachment 181438
A classically framed piece again, clean, no discernable edits, yet colourful and pleasing to the eye. Nicely set off by the yowling cat, nursery rhyme books and the piece of mystery mineral next to the monkey. Lovely. Congrats Cat!

HM's al round for Lego daleks, psychedelic rabbits, chess masters, games compediums and die cast cars. A great selection from everyone, thanks for entering!

Over to Ann!
Aww, thanks Bill. And well done to lkbside and RoseCat for two lovely pics.

View attachment 181436

View attachment 181437

View attachment 181438

Over to Ann!
Congrats to the winners. Great theme!

Back
Top Bottom