MobiColour MobiColour #282 Theme Toys and Games

Ok people - The results are in! Another great showing from all contributors, making it another difficult task, both for technical skill and creativity and also for the stories embedded in the imagery. Great work and pats on the back for all who entered.

But there can be only one - as the say in Highlander, so without further ado...

We Have : First Place: Imageart - Mums Teddy
View attachment 181436
Aside from it being a beautifully framed and presented shot and having such a wonderfully plaintive expression on Ted's face (this one, not Terse), we also have a lovely backstory too. Well done Ann!

Second Place: Lkbside - Abacus for Sale
View attachment 181437
Whilst technically a calculator rather than a toy, I had one as a kid and loved counting with it. This image ticks all my vintage/distressed/mystical/gribble boxes and has a great edit, colour and texture. Almost pipped to the post by your Bungee Jumper, too. Well done leslie.

Third Place: Rosecat: Sock Monkey
View attachment 181438
A classically framed piece again, clean, no discernable edits, yet colourful and pleasing to the eye. Nicely set off by the yowling cat, nursery rhyme books and the piece of mystery mineral next to the monkey. Lovely. Congrats Cat!

HM's al round for Lego daleks, psychedelic rabbits, chess masters, games compediums and die cast cars. A great selection from everyone, thanks for entering!

Over to Ann!
My apologies for arriving so ridiculously late here! :oops: Congrats ImageArt Ann! I just love the image+story. ❤️ High fives to lkbside Leslie - fab composition and subject. And Bill, many thanks for my third! I’m surprised and very pleased you like this… :) The mineral is selenite - I have a bit of an obsession with crystals and have them all around me…

My apologies for arriving so ridiculously late here! :oops: Congrats ImageArt Ann! I just love the image+story. ❤️ High fives to lkbside Leslie - fab composition and subject. And Bill, many thanks for my third! I’m surprised and very pleased you like this… :) The mineral is selenite - I have a bit of an obsession with crystals and have them all around me…
Ahh - I love a good mineral myself. A lovely composition and some great toys!

Back
Top Bottom